Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »"!ERROR! Could not connect to History socket."
Author Topic: "!ERROR! Could not connect to History socket." (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Nov 5, 2005 02:26 PM          Msg. 1 of 11
What would cause this type of error? I am requesting HD,sym,10; multiple times. I request a symbol, wait for it to complete, then request the next symbol. Sometime between 500 and 1200 symbol requests, I'll get the error.

When I was running this, I'm on a network behind a Cisco IOS firewall. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I thought it might make a difference. I usually run my ap on my DSL, but has been down for the last week, so am using it on a different computer on a different network.

I am using the trial 4.0.0.3 IQFeed version, which appeared to work well in the other environment.

swhitney
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 6, 2005 12:23 AM          Msg. 2 of 11
Sounds like your missing a reference object...

Make sure all implicit or explicit external references are present or consistent with your path declarations and pointers...

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Nov 6, 2005 08:54 AM          Msg. 3 of 11
I don't think this is the problem as I get data. After a few hundred requests, I start to get the errors. I think it has something to do with the firewall configuration as I was able to connect the laptop to a dsl line, and things ran much better. Not perfect, but better.

I'm hoping a developer might be able to tell me what that 'socket' error message might indicate so I can go back to the firewall people and see what they've done.

skunk
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Nov 6, 2005 11:18 AM          Msg. 4 of 11
I believe there some sort of control process running that attempts to identify users that are "abusing" the history system. When too many requests are received within a certain timeframe, the connection gets broken and needs to be restarted.

Note that I have never seen any official confirmation of this -- this is just my experience after using the feed every day for more than 2 years.

dn
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 14, 2005 12:34 PM          Msg. 5 of 11
I'm having a similar problem. The historical database is so SLOW. It used to be much faster. What happened in v4.0?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 14, 2005 04:14 PM          Msg. 6 of 11
This may be the same issue discussed in other threads about making too many request via the socket interface for history data. We have corrected this in a test build and it has been confirmed by a few users. Contact developer support via email if you would like to test this build as well.

dn,
As for the slow requests, we haven't heard this from others. You didn't specify what requests are slower in 4.0. As documented in the last developer notice, if you are requesting daily data and request ALL data by specifying "0" for number of days, you are now getting 3 times the data because we increased the amount of historical data available. This isn't a 4.0 issue, but it is something we changed a couple weeks ago. It will take longer to get the full historical data on a symbol since there is more data. You can change your request to pull 1000 datapoints (which was the max we had available previously) and you should see it just as fast as it used to be.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Nov 14, 2005 05:47 PM          Msg. 7 of 11
Jay,

The test release to which you are referring, is that the 4.0.0.3? If so, I was getting the !ERROR! messages with that release.

Do you have a subsequent release I can test?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 14, 2005 06:50 PM          Msg. 8 of 11
Quote: Jay,

The test release to which you are referring, is that the 4.0.0.3? If so, I was getting the !ERROR! messages with that release.

Do you have a subsequent release I can test?
--- Original message by stargrazer on Nov 14, 2005 05:47 PM
4.0.0.3 is the one I was thinking. Your issue must be different, as the .3 version has corrected everyones socket issues with multiple intraday requests. We may need to dig into the daily requests and see if there is something different in there. I don't see how the issue you are seeing could be related to a firewall. If it was, all request should have the issue. When will you have your DSL back up so you can see if it was somehow related to the network or configuration?

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Nov 15, 2005 04:58 PM          Msg. 9 of 11
If needed, I can send you another version with more logging in it. This would help us to see what the socket error is. Thanks!

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Nov 15, 2005 05:55 PM          Msg. 10 of 11
Yes please.

DTN_Natalie_H
-DTN Evangelist-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Nov 16, 2005 04:55 PM          Msg. 11 of 11
I just sent a test build to your email address. Thanks!

Natalie

Natalie Hannan DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 5:46 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003