Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Eurex problem
Author Topic: Eurex problem (57 messages, Page 1 of 2)

sersan
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 03:57 AM          Msg. 1 of 57
The eurex data are not arriving correctly. It seems that there are a lot of lag.

Regards.

js
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 04:29 AM          Msg. 2 of 57
i noticed the problem yesterday around 1645 CET
and it hasn't been resolved yet.
now i have a 2 hour lag.

could someone resolve this problem asap.

regards
Edited by js on Oct 13, 2009 at 04:36 AM

jonnyy40
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 05:27 AM          Msg. 3 of 57
Dax index is lagging almost 3 hours at 11:26 GMT. Please don't turn into Mytrack!!

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 07:11 AM          Msg. 4 of 57
This affects all DTN products.

We are experiencing substantial delays in data for the Eurex feed, ( XGZ9 as an example ) The problem has been reported, and at this time we are unsure of source of the issue.

More information as it becomes available.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

js
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 09:43 AM          Msg. 5 of 57
how about an update?

it doesn't seem to be resolved yet...

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 09:55 AM          Msg. 6 of 57
Here is the latest word from our Market Integrity dept.

The problem with delayed data updates for Eurex continues. We have been made aware that the issue is with either the Radianz router in Chicago, or possibly the telco link between Chicago and Frankfurt.

A maintenance window to resolve the issue will not be available until later tonight. It appears as though the earliest this can be resolved will be tomorrow morning.

Will continue to update as information becomes available.

Stan S

What we do today, determines how people remember us forever.
Be the positive force in someone life.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 02:28 PM          Msg. 7 of 57
latest update on the status of the Eurex data feed

Regarding the Eurex real time feed delays, the issue is still being investigated by Radianz.

They will be resetting some hardware tonight as well.

The current possible ETA of resolution for tomorrow morning still stands.

Stan S

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 12:39 AM          Msg. 8 of 57
We have our market data and telco engineers working on this problem from multiple angles currently. The telco group is working with the telco providers to continue testing and troubleshooting the lines. We are monitoring the Eurex open closely and will react accordingly if it appears there are still issues.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

Hansen
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 01:46 AM          Msg. 9 of 57
Is there anyway to recover the missing data? For example, on the FESX chart there's a big hole in the data from 7am (NY time) through to the open the following day at 2am (NY time). With the chart as is, it's virtually useless to trade from.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 01:52 AM          Msg. 10 of 57
Yes, we are working now to fill in the data. Our first priority will be minute data, but we will have tick data repaired throughout the day. Unfortunately it is a manual process so bear with us as we rebuild this data and load it into our IQ servers. For now, we are going to focus the efforts on symbols BD (BUND), EX (FESX) and XG (DAX), and we will work to repair the others afterward.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

sersan
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 02:16 AM          Msg. 11 of 57
Please, I need the historical data as soon as possible.

Regards.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 02:21 AM          Msg. 12 of 57
We will have the historical data available. But right now we continue to work on why the feed is queueing at the telco providers. We are seeing delays building again starting around 3am ET.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

sersan
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 03:22 AM          Msg. 13 of 57
Yes it is, again there are delays...

steve1986
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 09:20 AM          Msg. 14 of 57
any updates on the eurex problem?

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 09:28 AM          Msg. 15 of 57
Our engineers continue to work on the issue and it is escalated to management at Radianz (telco provider) where DTN and the exchange believe the problem lies.
DTN engineering and operations staff has been working day and night with the Eurex exchange’s telco provider to isolate the cause of the delays. While the issue isn’t being caused by DTN servers, we realize the critical nature of the problem and are doing everything we can to ensure a prompt resolution. It appears the problem lies within a transcontinental telco line between the exchange and the exchange network provider Radianz. At this time they are working to configure alternate route for the data. We have every expectation that the telco provider will resolve this issue today. Our market data analysts are prepared to work around the clock to fill in the gaps that have been caused by this outage so you can anticipate clean charts shortly after the delays have cleared

Stan S

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 14, 2009 01:21 PM          Msg. 16 of 57
Here is the latest update

Radianz attempted to switch out the lines but unfortunately it had no impact. It appears we are now at the mercy of Swisscom who has a maintenance window set for 5pm ET today to try switching our lines. Unfortunately the market will be closed and we may have to wait until it re-opens at 2am ET to know if the problem has been resolved. More likely, we will need to wait until 1 hour after the Eurex market opens since that is when the delays start to build. We continue to look at other alternatives as well in case a plan B is needed.

Stan S

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 02:32 AM          Msg. 17 of 57
This morning, we continue to see problems with our direct feed from Eurex. In order to reduce the impact to users, we have switched to an emergency backup feed and this has resolved the issue for Eurex futures contracts such as the DAX (XG), BUND (BD), BOBL (BL) and EURO STOXX (EX). Unfortunately this backup feed does not contain the cash indexes (DAX.X) nor will it have Eurex market depth available. Our engineers continue to work with Eurex and the telco providers to identify and solve the problems plaguing the direct lines to the exchange. In the mean time, we no longer expect to see delays with the Eurex futures contracts and we will continue working to restore access to market depth and the Eurex cash index data.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

Hijinxx
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 03:52 AM          Msg. 18 of 57
Not getting Bund updates at all since 9.51. Should the bund be working now?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 03:56 AM          Msg. 19 of 57
yes. Log off and back in and you IQFeed should automatically connect you to a server farm that has the Eurex futures data.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

Hijinxx
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 04:02 AM          Msg. 20 of 57
I tried that and just tried it again. No updates.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 04:11 AM          Msg. 21 of 57
Sounds like your ISP hasn't propogated the DNS changes yet. You can force a connection to the proper data center by modifying your HOSTS file on your computer. To do list, locate a file on your computer named "HOSTS".

Add the following line to the file and save it. Then, restart IQFeed and it should connect to the proper data center.

66.112.156.210 login.interquote.com

Be sure to remove this line from the file after today though as it will interfere with load balancing, possibly negatively impacting your service down the road.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

Hijinxx
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 05:51 AM          Msg. 22 of 57
that worked thx.

sersan
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 06:26 AM          Msg. 23 of 57
Not for me.
I receive data correctly for SWZ9, but it has lost data on october 13. For XGZ9, the historical data for October 13 and 14 are correct, but today I only have data from the moment that I open the chart, i.e. I don't have historical data for today...
Regards.

g4investor
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 09:31 AM          Msg. 24 of 57
The same is true for me. For XGZ9, the historical data for October 13 and 14 are correct, but for today I only have data from the moment I open the chart. I don't have historical data for today.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 10:52 AM          Msg. 25 of 57
Please try to re-download the intraday history. We identified a bad tick that was causing the server to append all minute bars to each other. This has been corrected and historical intraday data should now be available.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 10:56 AM          Msg. 26 of 57
It appears the Exchange's telco provider has identified a bad trunk (network) card and has replaced it. We continue to monitor the data on our primary, direct feed from Eurex to ensure stability. At this time we plan to switch back to the this primary feed at the end of the current Eurex session. This will re-establish access to the Eurex Indexes and Market Depth. We will also be sure to fill in any data that was missed on those symbols.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

sersan
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 03:00 PM          Msg. 27 of 57
XGZ9 is correct, SWZ9 has some data lost from October 13. Today it seems correct for both.

Regards.

Hansen
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 08:18 PM          Msg. 28 of 57
So is this issue supposed to be resolved? My FESX charts are still all over the place -- massive gaps in data, not updating etc. As is, they are useless. When will everything be back to normal??

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Oct 15, 2009 08:25 PM          Msg. 29 of 57
We are back on our primary line and everything is expected to be normal. Symbol EXZ9 doesn't open until 2am ET, so you shouldn't be getting any updates right now. Can you tell me what software you are using? We have loaded clean data so you should be seeing good charts. In some software apps you may need to reload historical data. If you can give me some details on what you are seeing we will research it further.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN

sersan
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 16, 2009 02:58 AM          Msg. 30 of 57
SWZ9 is not correct for October 13

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 12:32 PM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003