Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »US Index Continuous Contract Futs Rollover (ES, NQ YM ER)
Author Topic: US Index Continuous Contract Futs Rollover (ES, NQ YM ER) (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

tradinoncoffee
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 12:37 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
DTN has been doing a great job of rolling over their continuous contract symbols that I was a bit surprised when globex opened and it appears that it is still using Sept contract data. Do you plan to roll these over before the open tomorrow? I did like the way it was being done the past few roll overs of opening globex with the next contract. Hope someone isn't asleep at the switch on these continuous contract symbols.

Tradinoncoffee

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 08:19 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
Thanks for the report.

It looks like all of these have rolled to December contracts currently.

Stan S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 10:11 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Here is what I got from our Market Integrity dept as to the roll over problem.

Rollover process for these contracts has a Flaw. The rollover process does take place but with the pricing values only. The problem is when the contacts are rolled ie SEP to DEC, the Future description does not roll until a refresh is received. The description is fundemental data and requires a seperate refresh. To simplify, the contract pricing values will roll and be displayed. The Description will not roll resulting with a SEP contract with DEC data.

I hope this helps.

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 11:13 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
Well, I'm a wee bit confused...

Usually, my Interactive Brokers flashes a rollover option, but didn't do that today.

When I look at ES & NQ, today's volume is still slightly higher for the September contracts than December.

It it possible something has changed with regard to roll over of most active contracts? Maybe tomorrow is the day?

nsolot
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 11, 2008 07:20 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
This evening IB software offers up the automatic rollover to the Dec contracts.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 9:46 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003