Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: tradinoncoffee
About Contact
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 12:37 AM
Interests:
Email: dondix@mindspring.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
tradinoncoffee has contributed to 38 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.18%) in 7,072 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

DTN has been doing a great job of rolling over their continuous contract symbols that I was a bit surprised when globex opened and it appears that it is still using Sept contract data. Do you plan to roll these over before the open tomorrow? I did like the way it was being done the past few roll overs of opening globex with the next contract. Hope someone isn't asleep at the switch on these continuous contract symbols.

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » Data Feed Down? Dec 12, 2007 02:38 AM (Total replies: 25)

Seems at 2:00 am CST, data feed went down?

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » ES Continuous has reverted back to September Sep 21, 2007 02:50 AM (Total replies: 8)

The ES Continuous contract (ES#) has reverted back from December to September tonight. What happened??? I use ensign to chart with and am connected to server 66.112.148.224 port 60002.

Tradinoncoffee

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Servers Are Down....???!!!! May 22, 2006 11:42 PM (Total replies: 1)

At approximately 9:15 PST (which is 11:15 CST) I was attempting to refresh intraday datacharts on a second computer that I use for market analysis. I couldn't get a variety of symbols to refresh their intraday data (ie: TICK.Z, JINT.Z, @ES # to name just a few). Is this because it was during a period when your servers are doing their maintainence thing? If so, it would be nice if you could ENHANCE your data manager to let us know. Its VERY FRUSTRATING to spend a half an hour attempting to refresh and update charts and doing the basic trouble shooting that one must do to eliminate the laundry list of possible problems, only to find out that it was because your servers were going throught their routine processes. Its now 9:32, and the refresh for these symbols has started working.

Please consider enhance your data management software with some sort of messaging capability to alert users when (if indeed this was the source of my problem) your servers are incapable of providing the requested data. It really would be a nice feature.

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » Intraday data NOT refreshing Mar 28, 2006 12:00 AM (Total replies: 1)

HI...

I have a second machine I use to study and analyze the market with, which requires me to refresh daily and intraday data after the close of the market. Sometimes I do this just after the close, sometimes (like tonight) I so this several hours after the close. I never fails that some symbols do not refresh data for intraday data. In most cases it is just 1 or 2, but tonight it is a number of them.

The following indexes WILL update today's intraday data: SPX.XO, XAU.X, NDX.X
The folowing indexes WILL NOT update today's intraday data: NYA.X, COMP.X

The following indicators WILL update today's intraday data: VINT.Z, VINA.Z, TRIN.Z, VINQ.Z
The following indicators WILL NOT update todays intraday data: NASTRIN.Z, PCRATIO.Z, NAZTICK.Z

These were examples, there were more symbols that would and would not update.

I use DTNiq feed, Ensign Charts and it is 9:51 p.m. PST. I did try closing and reopening and reconnecting data feed several times, and the issue persisted. THEN, perhaps by some unknown miricle of internet and computer technology, those symbols that would not update there intraday data DID. What is going on? This seems to happen almost every night. I know this is not my imagination, nor my computer, because I can duplicate this problem on different computers. TIA

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » Severe Data Lags and Missing Data Oct 3, 2005 10:22 AM (Total replies: 1)

I have been experiencing data lags and dropped and missing data on CME Emini products all morning. When I first noticed it, I contacted Tech Support through your internet chat feature. The person I spoke with was unaware there was a problem. When they contact whoever they contacted in your organization, they were unaware there was a problem. How is that you have data issues and your customers have to make you aware of it...I dont understand that. Dont you have an Alarm or something that wakes up the people in the department that monitors this to tell them that something is the matter. Why do your customers have to alert you to a data feed issue.

I have been comparing your feed all morning to my trading platform that is fed by CQG data. No issues with there feed. Its too bad too, cause the market had great range today, but I couldnt trust the charts I was looking at in order to make trading decisions.

I understand that issues come up...I dont understand why when I contact DTN, I hear..."oh, there is a problem???". I would be nice to hear..."Yes, we are aware there is an issue and we are working on it. We have identified the problem and it should be fixed within "x" minutes/hours". Is that asking too much???

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » ES continuation back to September??? Sep 12, 2005 12:47 AM (Total replies: 7)

OK...I was doing some other work at the time, but I have since cleaned up my trading computer data, kept relogging on to your servers until I landed on a x.x.148.x server and refreshed my data and guess what? I am still getting the bad data in the continuation contract. I tried deleting the files and refreshing several times and still getting the bad data on a server your suggesting should be fine.

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » ES continuation back to September??? Sep 11, 2005 11:06 PM (Total replies: 7)

That may be so, but i logged into a server that does NOT contain x.x.148.x on a computer that I had not yet exposed to the continuation symbol. When I refreshed the data from that server it gave me a candle for today's globex that suggests otherwise. Below is an image showing the server and the chart.

http://charts.dacharts.com/2005-09-10/TOC1.png

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » ES continuation back to September??? Sep 11, 2005 09:19 PM (Total replies: 7)

I thought maybe a fast response to your server question would yeild a fast response to this issue, guess not.....

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » ES continuation back to September??? Sep 11, 2005 06:01 PM (Total replies: 7)

The server IP address is 66.112.156.227 with Port of 5002

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » No daily data for certain indicators Sep 11, 2005 05:59 PM (Total replies: 0)

Starting on Tuesday, 09/06/05, certain indicators stopped providing daily data. This includes, but may not be limited to (since there are symbols i use and dont use them all), JINT.Z, IINA.Z, VINA.Z, VIND.Z, VINT.Z, TICK.Z, TRIN.Z, FINH.Z, FIQH.Z. Intraday data seems to be fine.

The las time there were issues in providing daily data for many of these symbols was the first two weeks of July. It was finally fixed, but the back data was never properly reconstructed and has left huge holes in charts that utilized this data and rendered them useless untill sufficient time had passed.

Please fix this issue for these indicators, repair the damage to this weeks daily candles, and would it be too much to ask for the July data to be repaired as well????

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » SOCKS and new version Sep 11, 2005 05:42 PM (Total replies: 3)

What is the point of a forum if you cant even get a reply from the vendor?

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » ES continuation back to September??? Sep 11, 2005 05:39 PM (Total replies: 7)

It seems that shortly after Fridays close, the ES continuation symbol reverted back to September contract pricing. I thought that when globex opened, it would fix itself, but it has not, and now that globex has started trading it is clear that the continuation symbol has a problem.

Also, it appears that ER2 (Russell) and the YM (Dow) continuation symbols have not been rolled to December either.

When can we anticipate the other symbols to be rolled, and what in the world is going on with the ES continuation contract that it reverts BACK to the September contract pricing?????? Otherwise, whats the point???

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » Unable to connect to IQfeed Jul 31, 2005 06:38 PM (Total replies: 4)

Experiencing connection problems. Connection manager seems to be bouncing between servers and status switches from Connected to Not Connected. Are the servers down for some kind of maintanence?

Tradinoncoffee

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Permanent Continuous Future Contract Jun 3, 2005 04:10 PM (Total replies: 41)

Are we going to actually get continuous contracts. Maybe someone with high security clearance could peek inside the beta department and let us know if we have a shot at them this time around.

Tradinoncoffee

DTNIQ Client Software Wish List » Data Problem Flag Apr 24, 2005 09:07 PM (Total replies: 2)

I see no response from DTN regarding this suggestion. Is that because it is a bad suggestion, or does DTN feel there is no need to provide this type of support to their data feed?

Tradinoncoffee

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Data Reporting Lagging the Market Apr 24, 2005 09:05 PM (Total replies: 6)

Data seems to have been coming through ok recently. I am curious...when there was rash of data lags occuring about a month ago, we were told that you had ordered a number of new servers. Have those come in and have they been installed?

Tradinoncoffee

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Permanent Continuous Future Contract Apr 24, 2005 09:02 PM (Total replies: 41)

I tried to access weekly data on the continuous contract for the ES (@ES#) and got one candle. Are the continuous contracts still in beta testing, and if so, when are they estimated to be released? Is this enhancement still even on the list?

Tradinoncoffee

Data and Content Support » Corrupt CME futures data Apr 2, 2005 11:07 PM (Total replies: 16)

...so what are we missing? Delayed data....corrupt and seemingly unfixable data....???

Tradinoncoffee
Edited by tradinoncoffee on Apr 2, 2005 at 11:08 PM

Data and Content Support » Corrupt CME futures data Mar 28, 2005 03:42 PM (Total replies: 16)

Not sure if I am seeing the same problem you were referencing in this thread, but the data for the index futs (ES, NQ, ER2, and YM) is messed up (thats the best technical description I can offer) for the period 3/14-17.

If this is the same problem, and "marketdataservices" said on 3/21 they were looking into it, are they still "looking into it"???

Seems like a week ought to be plenty of time to look into and remedy a problem of this nature. When can we expect the data issue to be corrected. As it stands, it would appear that I am stuck with bad data in my TICK and Range charts since my charting software only allows me to refresh up to 6 days of history. What can DTN do to help me rectify this?

Tradinoncoffee

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 3:42 AM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003