Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Quotetracker and backfill issues
Author Topic: Quotetracker and backfill issues (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mttxn12
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 09:28 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
Hi, I'm having problems with the backfill and QuoteTracker. Both historical and intraday backfill appear to take a long time to fill. When I make a request to fill a chart, it appears to hang for about 3 to 5 min just for one symbol to backfill. The historical backfill seems to be slightly quicker but the intraday backfill is very slow. I'm having no problems with the streaming quotes.

I'm using:

QT Version: 3.9.1a-2
IQFeed version 4.4.0.3
WinXP machine SP3

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 01:04 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
Hello how many symbols are you looking at on your charts when you try to bring them up?? Also, how many studies do you have on those charts??

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

mttxn12
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 02:35 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
I am following 3 different symbols with 3 chart windows open. I have about 4 studies per chart. If I make 1 backfill request for only one chart, it hangs for a long time.

If I change the backfill to an alternate provder (i.e. - Prophet), it goes very fast (couple secs per symbol) but there appears to be a discrepancy in the backfill data received from Prophet and IQFeed's realtime data. I get a large spike in volume and weird volume amounts recorded.

If I set all my data sources to one provider like IQFeed, the discrepancies goes away but the backfill is slow with IQFeed. Again, I have no problems with the streaming Level 1 quotes by IQFeed. It's fast and smooth.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 02:50 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Is there anyway that you can contact us directly either by phone 1-800-397-7000 or by email at support@iqfeed.net, it may help if we can take a look this way rather than through the forums.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
1-800-397-7000 x3614

mttxn12
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 03:12 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
Curtis:

Quotetracker support helped me resolved this.
Here's the solution for other QT users who have the same problem.

Options
Data Sources/Proxy
Select Backfill tab
Uncheck "Get Tick Backfill Data" <----this is the culprit.

According to Quotetracker support, this item makes it a more quantitative process making the backfill slow.

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jul 25, 2008 03:16 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
Hello great that does make sense with the Tick backfill. If you have any other problems or questions please let us know.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
1-800-397-7000 x3614

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 12:46 AM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003