Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: mttxn12
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 1, 2009 02:14 PM
Interests:
Email: mttxn12@earthlink.net
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
mttxn12 has contributed to 7 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.03%) in 5,801 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Quotetracker & IQFeed slow Oct 1, 2009 02:14 PM (Total replies: 1)

Just an update for other QT-IQFeed users, I was able to reduce this lag by removing a number of chart windows and symbols off my watchlists. Before, I had like 12 windows spread across multiple monitors and about 250 symbols on my watchlist. Now I have only 4 to 6 windows up on one monitor and about 100 symbols on my watchlist. I also stripped some indicators off my charts.

It appears QuoteTracker just can't handle the load compared to other competitors that I use. It used to get bloated and slow down over time (i.e. - bottle neck). I recommend other users to keep it simple. It just can't handle this. I like QuoteTracker for its charts but it needs to be streamlined architecturally from the software development stage.

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Quotetracker & IQFeed slow Sep 1, 2009 10:59 AM (Total replies: 1)

I'm getting long delays on my quotes with Quotetracker recently with heavy trading. My Ensign Windows app is not affected by this and is working well with IQFeed. The Quotetracker app has been getting worse recently. My Internet connection is fine because all of my other apps are working well.

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Quotetracker and backfill issues Jul 25, 2008 03:12 PM (Total replies: 5)

Curtis:

Quotetracker support helped me resolved this.
Here's the solution for other QT users who have the same problem.

Options
Data Sources/Proxy
Select Backfill tab
Uncheck "Get Tick Backfill Data" <----this is the culprit.

According to Quotetracker support, this item makes it a more quantitative process making the backfill slow.

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Quotetracker and backfill issues Jul 25, 2008 02:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

I am following 3 different symbols with 3 chart windows open. I have about 4 studies per chart. If I make 1 backfill request for only one chart, it hangs for a long time.

If I change the backfill to an alternate provder (i.e. - Prophet), it goes very fast (couple secs per symbol) but there appears to be a discrepancy in the backfill data received from Prophet and IQFeed's realtime data. I get a large spike in volume and weird volume amounts recorded.

If I set all my data sources to one provider like IQFeed, the discrepancies goes away but the backfill is slow with IQFeed. Again, I have no problems with the streaming Level 1 quotes by IQFeed. It's fast and smooth.

IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support » Quotetracker and backfill issues Jul 25, 2008 09:28 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hi, I'm having problems with the backfill and QuoteTracker. Both historical and intraday backfill appear to take a long time to fill. When I make a request to fill a chart, it appears to hang for about 3 to 5 min just for one symbol to backfill. The historical backfill seems to be slightly quicker but the intraday backfill is very slow. I'm having no problems with the streaming quotes.

I'm using:

QT Version: 3.9.1a-2
IQFeed version 4.4.0.3
WinXP machine SP3

Data and Content Support » will splits be corrected Jun 13, 2008 01:15 PM (Total replies: 14)

Ok, I was able to resolve this. For anyone using QuoteTracker with DTN's datafeed, you need to go into the historical data and delete all the old data before the split. Then backfill with the new data.

Right click on the chart
Select Historical Data ....
Select all the old data and delete.
Backfill with DTN's feed.

For some reason the old data would remain behind.

If you try right clicking on the symbol from the Watchlist and select clear [symbols] data, it doesn't work for some odd reason. The above method worked for me.

Data and Content Support » will splits be corrected Jun 12, 2008 09:53 AM (Total replies: 14)

Hi, I'm having problems with RBA. There was a 3:1 stock split around April 23, 2008. I waited several months for you guys to correct it but I have failed to see any changes. Thanks for your help.

References:

Ritchie Bros Auctioneers announces 3-for-1 stock split and new director and chair appointments

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/04-14-2008/0004791701&EDATE=

Time: Mon April 29, 2024 12:24 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003