Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z
Author Topic: Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 09:33 AM          Msg. 1 of 17
I am getting bad data for the above calc symbols real time. If I refresh with historic tick data that is ok with changes every 5 seconds. In real time the ticks change very slowly and there are a lot of missing ticks. I get this on both 148 and 156 servers. Please check this. Thanks.

John

John

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 09:40 AM          Msg. 2 of 17
Hello John, I am not seeing any issues with these symbols on my end what software are you using and what is your login ID?? It may be a setting in software causing this. Also is there any way to send me a snapshot of what you are seeing on your screen?? What type of chart are you looking at tick, minute, daily??

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 09:47 AM          Msg. 3 of 17
My login id is 202144. I am using Invest RT. The difference between real time and historical ticks is extreme. You can see it in 30 second bars or the quote stream. The historical ticks change every 5 seconds whereas the real time ticks are not matching. They are changing much less frequently and there are many missing ticks. This started happening yesterday afternoon and has continued for me.

John

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 09:50 AM          Msg. 4 of 17
I have been on chat with Loren Foster. He has sent some data to be analyzed for the inconsistency so someone may be on this already

John

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:20 AM          Msg. 5 of 17
Hi John,

Our developers are working on this now. There does appear to be some sort of issue with the TICK.Z, they should have this resolved shortly.

Thanks,

Sarah
DTN Trading Markets

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:28 AM          Msg. 6 of 17
thank you. Please make sure they check TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z as well.

John

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 09:38 AM          Msg. 7 of 17
I am still seeing issues here, how is the repair going?

John

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 10:00 AM          Msg. 8 of 17
John
The operations are still working on this issue for a more permanent fix.

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 09:13 AM          Msg. 9 of 17
Are there any servers where the streaming TICK.Z indexes work now?

John

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 02:33 PM          Msg. 10 of 17
John
We are still working on resolving this issue with the Tick.z and other symbols that work the same.
Can you send me a screen shot of what charts your seeing so I can compare the charts/data with what we have in IRT, MD and DTNIQ
Thank you

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 04:29 PM          Msg. 11 of 17
Here is a 30 second ES and JT6T.Z chart with the real time streaming JT6T.Z ticks. I'll send the historic refresh chart with the correct ticks shortly.

John

File Attached: JT6T.Z 30sec streaming before refresh.png (downloaded 1485 times)

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 04:31 PM          Msg. 12 of 17
The JT6T.Z after the refresh. This is what the chart should look like in real time. As you can tell, the current real time ticks are useless.

John

File Attached: JT6T.Z 30sec after refresh w historic ticks.png (downloaded 1503 times)

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 04:33 PM          Msg. 13 of 17
Here is the streaming TICK.Z chart with the bad ticks.

John

File Attached: TICK.Z 30sec streaming before refresh.png (downloaded 1558 times)

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: Apr 29, 2008 04:38 PM          Msg. 14 of 17
TICK.Z with correct ticks after refresh. Let me know how the repairs are going please. These indexes are one of DTN's strong points as they are accurate and calculate every 5 seconds. They also have worked well for a long time. I hope you can get them repaired soon.

John

File Attached: TICK.Z 30sec after refresh w historic ticks.png (downloaded 1457 times)

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: May 2, 2008 10:51 AM          Msg. 15 of 17
I was out yesterday and when I returned I found that the calculated indexes problem still exists even with the new beta IQFEED sadly (today as well). The streaming data for these indexes comes in at about every 15-20 seconds. I have sent a before and after for the TICK.Z index superimposed for a direct comparison. This problem seems very strange for the reason that all the other 130 instruments I follow work fine with zero lag even in fast market conditions. Even the EM-PREM.Z which is also a calculated index works fine. All the indexes that are calculated from stocks such as advance decline indexes or tick indexes are affected. These indexes normally send out a tick every 5 seconds which should not be a problem. Would you please inform the tech team of these details? Thank you.

John

File Attached: TICK.Z 30sec after and before superimpsd.png (downloaded 1495 times)

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 2, 2008 04:02 PM          Msg. 16 of 17
John, thank you for your diligence in this matter. I assure you we are continuing to look at this issue and we will come to a conclusion. The reason this is taking so long is several inconsistancies with testing methods trying to duplicate this as well as other issues (unrelated) appearing during testing which have to be isolated before continuing.

I will hopefully have a better understanding of the issue after Monday's round of testing and be able to provide better feedback for you.

jmarsh
-Interested User-

Keep it Simple

Posted: May 2, 2008 06:24 PM          Msg. 17 of 17
Thank you for the update.

John

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 2:39 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003