Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jmarsh
About Contact
Last Post: Apr 23, 2010 10:00 PM
Interests:
Keep it Simple
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
jmarsh has contributed to 42 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.20%) in 7,041 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » Feed problem? Apr 23, 2010 10:00 PM (Total replies: 12)

Yes, the data set you have looks fine. I find it helpful to set the scale fixed so that the zero line on these charts is stays at the center of the pane with the pane somewhat wider so patterns can be more easily observed.

John

Data and Content Support » Feed problem? Apr 23, 2010 07:38 PM (Total replies: 12)

Hello,

For what it's worth I find the faster 1 second snapshot speed to be fantastic. I have used the TICK.Z and JT6T.Z in my trading for years, they are indispensable for me. They have definitely improved with the increase in calculation frequency.

John

Data and Content Support » Ongoing Problem with VIX.XO Jan 11, 2010 09:27 AM (Total replies: 2)

Thank you

John

Data and Content Support » Ongoing Problem with VIX.XO Jan 11, 2010 08:51 AM (Total replies: 2)

I have been having an intermittent problem with getting realtime VIX.XO data. Since I phoned in last week I can sometimes get VIX.XO realtime if I try to switch servers by disconnect/reconnect. I updated my account in December to reflect that realtime data from CBOE new fees are paid. I cannot get realtime VIX.XO this morning even after reconnecting twice. All my other symbols are updating fine. Please look into this issue for me as I rely on this symbol for my analysis. Thank you.

John

Thank you for the prompt update.

John

This is happening this morning on server 156.227. I tried to switch servers but this one reconnected.

John

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » NYSE ADVDEC and other computed indicators Aug 26, 2008 01:25 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi Curt,

The NY advance/decline indicator is also available as JINT.Z

John

John

Data and Content Support » please checl data May 5, 2008 08:26 AM (Total replies: 2)

x-trader charts are showing a 1400.75 to 1417.25 swing on a single one minute bar so maybe someone fat-fingered at around 21:21 ET.

John

Thank you for the update.

John

I was out yesterday and when I returned I found that the calculated indexes problem still exists even with the new beta IQFEED sadly (today as well). The streaming data for these indexes comes in at about every 15-20 seconds. I have sent a before and after for the TICK.Z index superimposed for a direct comparison. This problem seems very strange for the reason that all the other 130 instruments I follow work fine with zero lag even in fast market conditions. Even the EM-PREM.Z which is also a calculated index works fine. All the indexes that are calculated from stocks such as advance decline indexes or tick indexes are affected. These indexes normally send out a tick every 5 seconds which should not be a problem. Would you please inform the tech team of these details? Thank you.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 29, 2008 04:38 PM (Total replies: 16)

TICK.Z with correct ticks after refresh. Let me know how the repairs are going please. These indexes are one of DTN's strong points as they are accurate and calculate every 5 seconds. They also have worked well for a long time. I hope you can get them repaired soon.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 29, 2008 04:33 PM (Total replies: 16)

Here is the streaming TICK.Z chart with the bad ticks.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 29, 2008 04:31 PM (Total replies: 16)

The JT6T.Z after the refresh. This is what the chart should look like in real time. As you can tell, the current real time ticks are useless.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 29, 2008 04:29 PM (Total replies: 16)

Here is a 30 second ES and JT6T.Z chart with the real time streaming JT6T.Z ticks. I'll send the historic refresh chart with the correct ticks shortly.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 29, 2008 09:13 AM (Total replies: 16)

Are there any servers where the streaming TICK.Z indexes work now?

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 24, 2008 09:38 AM (Total replies: 16)

I am still seeing issues here, how is the repair going?

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 23, 2008 10:28 AM (Total replies: 16)

thank you. Please make sure they check TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z as well.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 23, 2008 09:50 AM (Total replies: 16)

I have been on chat with Loren Foster. He has sent some data to be analyzed for the inconsistency so someone may be on this already

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 23, 2008 09:47 AM (Total replies: 16)

My login id is 202144. I am using Invest RT. The difference between real time and historical ticks is extreme. You can see it in 30 second bars or the quote stream. The historical ticks change every 5 seconds whereas the real time ticks are not matching. They are changing much less frequently and there are many missing ticks. This started happening yesterday afternoon and has continued for me.

John

Data and Content Support » Bad streaming data for TICK.Z, TIKI.Z and JT6T.Z Apr 23, 2008 09:33 AM (Total replies: 16)

I am getting bad data for the above calc symbols real time. If I refresh with historic tick data that is ok with changes every 5 seconds. In real time the ticks change very slowly and there are a lot of missing ticks. I get this on both 148 and 156 servers. Please check this. Thanks.

John

John

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 12:14 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003