Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Is there a way to only get Quotes
Author Topic: Is there a way to only get Quotes (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

luisugaz
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 15, 2005 05:23 PM          Msg. 1 of 6
How can you rapidly look at may equities an get the lastest realtime quote?
In some cases our algorithm needs to "watch" at maybe 1000 symbols, but realy needs a quote every 1 or 2 minutes.

Is there a good way of doing this?

Thanks,

Luis

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 15, 2005 08:32 PM          Msg. 2 of 6
Luis,

Your best bet for this would be to get a DTN.IQ (which will allow you to run your own software as well) subscription since it currently allows up to 1300 symbols to be watched at a time. Then, you would want to set your watch on the 1000 symbols, and process the data you need. IQFeed/DTN.IQ doesn't allow you to choose which fields or if you want quotes vs. trades, so you will get it all.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

luisugaz
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 16, 2005 10:58 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
I was planning on using your API for IQFeed (2.3 or 4.0). I'm writting a custom solution, so DTN.IQ will not work since it is really the front end (from what I can tell).

I also saw www.finwin.com, which looks like another api that provides Quotes via XML. It is called XML Feed and found it at
http://www.dtnma.com/template.cfm?urlcode=2331&navgroup=productlist&subgroup1=web&subgroup2=xml&view=1

Do you have information on pricing for that service. Maybe that is what I want.

Luis
Edited by luisugaz on Sep 16, 2005 at 04:00 PM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Sep 16, 2005 05:08 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Luis,

When I say DTN.IQ, think of it as just a different subscription level. With a DTN.IQ subscription, you can use our software, or any 3rd party developed software as well. The advantage of a DTN.IQ subscription over IQFeed is that you will have access to 1300 symbols at a time instead of 500. Again, with a DTN.IQ subscription you don't have to use our front end software.
Depending upon what it is you are trying to accomplish, FinWin may work. FinWin is a snapshot only service and at this time we really are only providing delayed data. It is available in an XML format. However, using FinWin will require a redistribution agreement with DTN as well as each exchange you are getting data from (in many cases, even for delayed data). If you think this may be a way to go for you, please contact our commercial sales group at prosales@dtn.com and they can discuss the options.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

luisugaz
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 19, 2005 10:42 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
Jay,

Thanks for your response. FinWin will only work for us if it is delayed less than 5 min.

For DTN.IQ, can you send me the pricing (luis_ugaz@yahoo.com) or tell me where it is. I want to compare it with IQFeed.

Just to confirm, the API (in particular for .NET and the ActiveX control AxIQFeedY) will work regardless of the one we use (DTN.IQ or IQFeed)?

Luis

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Sep 19, 2005 10:47 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
DTN.IQ is $89 per month when paid monthly or $44.50/month with annual pre-payment/contract. information about pricing is at www.dtniq.com.

Correct regarding the API. DTN.IQ runs on top of IQFeed as well. Thus, you can buy a DTN.IQ subscription, and still use IQFeed. You will need to install the IQFeed Client, but your subscription to DTN.IQ will allow you to use any 3rd party IQFeed compatible software.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Sat May 4, 2024 1:31 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003