Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »System Status Announcements »Connection issue 12-Mar-2023
Author Topic: Connection issue 12-Mar-2023 (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mrez114
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 01:23 PM          Msg. 1 of 10
Trying to login using the same account I had for over a year and getting "Sorry, your Product and/or Service for the attempted login are incorrect. If you have recently changed products you may also need to change your type of service. Please contact DTN customer support for assistance. (2) : 2"

Also, no Customer support is available over the weekend and Futures Markets open in less than 4 hours!!!!

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 01:51 PM          Msg. 2 of 10
I've seen this, too, but I thought it was due to local connection issues.

mrez114
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 01:55 PM          Msg. 3 of 10
My systems are running in AWS. I see this in US-West and US-East regions. Don't think it is local issue. Hopefully IQ Feed can fix it before 6pm EDT.

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 02:13 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
I can log into IQFeed successfully at the moment.

I've seen the problem you reported occasionally over the past month. I have confirmed physical disconnects, though, and restarting my app always solved the IQFeed issues, so I had guessed the disconnects were responsible. Given your evidence, I'm reconsidering.

mrez114
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 02:53 PM          Msg. 5 of 10
Thanks for advise. I tried restarting Ninja, but so far no success. I've been using IQFeed every day on two systems with two different logins for couple of years now and have never seen this before. I'll try rebooting everything next. Hopefully that helps. Thanks again.

mrez114
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 03:21 PM          Msg. 6 of 10
Reboot didn't do much. I have Kinetick data but use it with IQFeed. I was able to connect to Kinetick direct without issues, but going over IQFeed still doesn't work.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 08:38 AM          Msg. 7 of 10
mrez114,
Quote: I have Kinetick data but use it with IQFeed.

This is the source of the issue. This was never intended to work and that loophole has been closed.

If you are only using your account with NT software (as intended with Kinetick data accounts), then changing your adapter settings is all you need to keep working as you always have.

If you were using your Kinetick account with other 3rd party software, then you will need a full IQFeed account to continue at the same level of service going forward.

taa_dtn, it looks like you're running 6.2.0.23. There was a bug fixed in IQFeed 6.2.0.25 relating to your description of the issue, and it most often triggers on reconnections, so you're likely correct it's related to local connection issues but it's was a bug in our code. I recommend upgrading and seeing if the issue still persists for you.

mrez114
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 09:13 AM          Msg. 8 of 10
Thanks for the update Steve. We moved to IQ Feed connection on NT per suggestion from DTN couple of years ago because Kinetick connection was not stable but IQ Feed was. Our trading is fully automated, so we need the connection to stay on from Sunday through Friday evening and Kinetick connection wasn't. Since both are owned by DTN, do you know if Kinetick connection is more reliable now?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 09:39 AM          Msg. 9 of 10
Quote: do you know if Kinetick connection is more reliable now?

I do not keep up with their development very closely. You will need to contact Kinetick support for those discussions.

Quote: Since both are owned by DTN,

Kinetick is not owned by DTN. It is owned by NinjaTrader and they do all of the support/development for it. DTN's role here is a data provider.

taa_dtn
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Mar 13, 2023 10:31 AM          Msg. 10 of 10
Thanks, Steve. I've upgraded.

Time: Thu April 18, 2024 12:49 PM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003