Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »IQFEED times out
Author Topic: IQFEED times out (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Timbow
-Interested User-

Posted: May 24, 2005 01:02 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
I use QT(3.5.7b) & IQfeed 2.3.0.2. I have dial-up internet service(bad). I wish I had something better(any suggestions?) Problem: My internet connection drops & my computer will automatically redial & connect etc but if it drops & connects several times, sometimes more or less, IQFeed shows a window that says that it has timed out. Sometimes if I say yes to re-connect it pops up a window saying something to the effect that this connection already has this name or id connected or something like that. It doesn't pop this window up as much as it says that it has timed out & ask to re-connect. This really bugs me because I leave this running all the time for news etc. When it times out I loose my IQFeed connection & no news or stock quotes etc. What can I do or how can it be fixed to not time out. I don't think it is taking too long to redial & get connected because I seen it do it before. It would wait 5 sec before dialing the first time & sometimes it takes two times to connect. Can the length of time it take to time out be extended or something? I just don't know what to do. I need it to stay connected all the time. I just don't want the thing to time out. I want it(IQFEED) to try to connect as many times as it take to reconnect. I'm loosing a lot of information. Thanks for your time.

Tim

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: May 24, 2005 08:56 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
Tim,

A new version of IQFeed should be in Beta this week which will have better reconnection handling. It sounds like it will solve your problem. We will be releasing to developers this week, and as soon as QT has implemented the new version I think your problem will be solved.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

richk
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 20, 2005 12:59 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Hello Jay,

when new client will be released? I am so frustrated to use IQfeed with problems with time outing during backfill.

Richard

www.traders.cz

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 20, 2005 02:58 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Richard,

Have you fully tested your software with the latest beta of IQFeed? I assume it has corrected any issues you are seeing in the current release version? We are still finishing up documentation, fixing some minor bugs, and hope to have another build ready Friday. I would consider this to be a Release Candidate. I can't give a final release date since doing so always gets me into trouble. However, feedback has been very positive regarding the new IQFeed client and I am confident the release is near. One thing we need to make sure of is that all 3rd party developers have properly implemented the new IQFeed (by checking for the currently installed directory of IQFeed and using it) so the release will go smooth and everyones customers will be happy.

Please let me know if you have tested the latest beta...

Thanks

Jay

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

richk
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 21, 2005 05:22 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
As I am not developer I have not tested latest IQFeed client. I have no access to it. But if you will release client at Friday it will be nice.
Where is default download location for IQFeed clients ?

www.traders.cz

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Jul 21, 2005 10:10 AM          Msg. 6 of 6
Richard, Tomorrows release won't be the final release, but a release candidate, meaning if no problems are reported with that release it will become the release version. I would suggest contacting the developer for the software you use with IQFeed to see if they have fully tested IQFeed so when it is released there are no surprises for you.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 7:19 AM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003