Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Getting Index Constituents / all US Equities
Author Topic: Getting Index Constituents / all US Equities (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

yourabi
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 11:58 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
I want to explore/experiment by creating indicators based off price action of various index members (S&P 500, R2K...etc)

What's a reliable way of getting this data and make sure it is kept updated?

Somewhat related, how would I go listing/query the API for all US Equities? From the docs it seems like I could do a query for A*, B*, ...etc but wondering if there is a more efficient way.

Thanks!

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 12:28 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello, we do not have listings of constituents available. As for your other question about getting a list of all symbols in a specific market, you have two options.

The first option is that we publish a text file of every active symbol in our system daily here:
www.dtniq.com/product/mktsymbols_v2.zip
You can parse that file to pull out whichever market(s) you need.

Alternatively, you can filter the symbol lookup requests in the API by security type or listed market (multiple markets can be sent space delimited) and just use a * wildcard in the search field to get a list from each market.

yourabi
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 11:30 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Thanks!

Please consider adding constituent data. It would be interesting, and I' sure other people have that need.

Time: Wed May 8, 2024 12:06 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003