Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Historical Data - Lumber @LB#C
Author Topic: Historical Data - Lumber @LB#C (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Cyberjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 10:15 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it looks as if the daily, continuous Lumber futures data is only available as of October 2008. I am using NinjaTrader 8 and MultiCharts. Can someone please help?

Furthermore, is there any overview of all continuous futures, where I could see how far the data goes back?

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 10:32 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
In review on the @LB#C (Random Length Lumber) contract continuous and back-adjusted data **DAILY DATA** starts on 10/10/2008 and has uninterrupted data through 8/17/2016.

Can you be more specific on how we can further assist you with this symbol and the attached data?

Would you like to see additional historical data before October 2008?

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support
Email: support@iqfeed.net

Cyberjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 10:47 AM          Msg. 3 of 6
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, I would like to see more historical data. Actually, I am surprised that there is no data before Oct 2008. Lumber futures have been around forever :-) Other data vendors have daily data going back to the 1960s.

Do you have a factsheet summarizing the availability of data for all or the most frequently traded futures? I could not find anything specific except for the general description which suggests that some US futures go back "as far as 1959". http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?displayaction=data§ion=services

Best,

Cyberjoe

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 18, 2016 01:39 PM          Msg. 4 of 6
Please utilize the symbol LB#C which is the old Pit symbol for Lumber. Our daily historical data goes back to March 24th, 1994.

Unfortunately we do not have a Facts sheet summarizing the available data on the most frequently traded futures.

Stephen Shockey | Telvent DTN LLC | Trading Markets | United States |Customer Service Technical Support

Edited by DTN_Stephen on Aug 18, 2016 at 02:05 PM

Cyberjoe
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 12:20 PM          Msg. 5 of 6
Thank you, Stephen!

Does omitting the leading "@" provide more historical data for other futures, too?

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 19, 2016 12:55 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
@ - Electronic contracts.

Leaving off the @ will lead you to the old Pit traded contracts and in some examples there is additional information out there for back-testing purposes.

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 2:32 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003