Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Moving IQFeed to new PC - Cannot Login
Author Topic: Moving IQFeed to new PC - Cannot Login (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

harvester
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 12:46 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
I'm in the process of moving to a new PC, and cannot login to IQFeed on the new system.

Right now I have both PCs next to each other, and going through the process of moving all my trading software. I don't have the ability to clone the disk, so unfortunately I have to go through the painful process of installing each trading application and testing it with data (in this case IQFeed).

When I try to startup IQFeed on the new PC, I get the following message:

"Sorry, your Product an/or Service for the attempted login are incorrect. If you have recently changed products you may also need to change your type of service. Please contact DTN customer support for assistance (1)"

Is the IQFeed tied to a MAC address, or something specific on each PC that they have to set at DTN support? I'll need the ability of going back and forth between the two systems for about a week or so. My intention was to only have it up and running on one PC at a time.

Thanks,
-harvester

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 04:00 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
Hello Harvester, it sounds like you are possibly trying to use DTNIQ to sign into IQFeed which would give this error message if you are not signed up to use DTNIQ with IQFeed. DTNIQ is our own charting software that connects to IQFeed (data-feed) like any of the 3rd Party Charting software's do but if you are not signed up to use it; it will not allow you to sign into IQFeed. I would recommend getting your charting software installed onto the new computer, then launch it which in turn should connect you to IQFeed after it has been configured to do so.

If you have any additional questions or problems please let us know.

Thanks.

Curtis Thompson
support@iqfeed.net
support@dtniq.com
support@prophetx.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000

harvester
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 29, 2014 04:23 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Hi Curtis,

Yes, what you're saying is correct.

I hadn't yet moved all my trading software over to the new PC, and was just trying to get IQFeed installed and tested using the DTNIQ to sign in.

I then installed MultiCharts and tried to open a chart, and it prompted me for the IQFeed credentials. After entering that into MC, I was good to go. I'll probably need to do this for all my other software: NinjaTrader, NeuroShell, AmiBroker, and NeoTicker.

Thanks for the help!
Edited by harvester on Jun 29, 2014 at 04:24 PM

Time: Mon April 29, 2024 4:36 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003