Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Historical seems slow
Author Topic: Historical seems slow (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

grahamx
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 16, 2012 12:54 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
I am downloading Historical Data, the speed seems very slow.

IQ Feed Connection Manager says I am getting the following -

Average KB/sec: 0.03

Is data throttled from IQFeed? Bandwidth available is considerably higher, why is this registering so slow?

DTN Brian Wood
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 21, 2012 04:23 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
>Is data throttled from IQFeed?
No, IQFeed is not throttled. You should have been able to pull it fairly quickly, unless something is wrong.

Is this still happening? Did it just happen that one day? What symbols were you downloading? Was anything else running on that PC?

Look at the CPU and memory usage on your system. Is your CPU running at 100%? Were you low on memory?

Could you have been having trouble with your network connection? The next time this happens try running something like http://www.speedtest.net/ to test your internet speed.

In the connection manage was this the local bandwidth or internet bandwidth you mentioned? We compress data to minimize it being sent over the internet, so those values will be much less?

The average values are based on the length of time IQConnect has been running.

Visit our new online forums! DTN employees actively monitor the forums to provide you the highest level of support in the industry. Our forums also has an announcements area where you can learn about new features or changes within DTN. You can even use the forums to exchange trading ideas or tips and tricks on how you use your DTN data to be more profitable.

Go to http://forums.dtniq.com now to start sharing information with fellow DTN subscribers!

grahamx
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 30, 2012 12:49 PM          Msg. 3 of 4
Yes, it is still happening.

Downloading 500 symbols

CPU usage is less than 40%.

Lots of memory available.

Speed test results are great, internet is FAST.

Attached is a screen shot of the IQFeed Connection Manager.

Thoughts?

File Attached: IQFeed Connection Manager.PNG (downloaded 1588 times)

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 1, 2012 08:52 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Hello, since you are using historical data, the bandwidth numbers on the connection manager are useless (they don't account for historical data or any other lookups).

Can you define "slow" (in reference to your initial post about historical data).
What are you comparing to? Another data provider? Or was it fast with IQFeed and it has slowed down recently?
Also, do you have any grasp yet on what is slowing down the data? Is the time from sending a request to getting your first datapoint back longer than usual? Or is the actual data transfer less than usual? Or were you concerned simply because the bandwidth numbers showing low in the connection manager?

Along the same lines, can you define FAST (in reference to your internet speed)? Can you tell us what the speedtest.net results were? Both the Latency and the Upload/Download speeds. Also, did you choose a server close to you or a server close to us?

Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Oct 1, 2012 at 08:53 AM

Time: Mon April 29, 2024 5:07 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003