Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »DDE 'Time' function.
Author Topic: DDE 'Time' function. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 4, 2011 06:27 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
Hi - in the help file for DDE usage:

http://www.dtniq.com/product/help/v2.4/dde/index.cfm?product=DTN_IQ&loginid=NA&version=2.4.1.4

There are many 'Time' functions available, but they all reference specific securities, such as stocks and options. I'm looking for a DDE value that will report the system time for the stock exchange itself. The time values currently available all report on the last occurrence of something - last sale, last time Ask Price was updated, etc. I'm looking for stock market time, so that I can have an eye catcher in my spreadsheet that shows the current time of day value at the stock exchange and doesn't rely on some sort of trigger.

Any ideas??

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Aug 9, 2011 10:35 AM          Msg. 2 of 3
We don't provide any ongoing exchange time field since it technically would just be the time on your machine offset by the timezone for the exchange (assuming you are atomically synced).

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:24 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Ok, Jay, thanks for responding. I think what I'll try is track a highly active stock and use the last trade/tick time as a reference. Some stocks out there trade so frequently, that for practical purposes, last trade would report very close to the current time on the floor of the exchange.

I don't need an exact time stamp; just looking for something that updates frequently to use as an eye-catcher on my spreadsheet.

Kind of like an eye-catcher in the 'puter world, for those who've processed computer dumps.

Time: Mon April 29, 2024 9:40 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003