Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Found another bug(?) in charting app for DTN 2.8.0.7
Author Topic: Found another bug(?) in charting app for DTN 2.8.0.7 (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 13, 2011 03:27 PM          Msg. 1 of 8
Found another problem. I'm running an equity chart, 2 minute intervals, and two or three times today it's just stopped updating. When I click on the green refresh button at top, it'll produce an up-to-date chart, but it hasn't been correctly updating the chart as time goes on today.

Too soon to tell if this is going to be an everyday thing or not, but could you guys back at HQ try running a simple 2-minute chart of well-known stocks(AAPL, WFC, IBM, etc) and see if you encounter the same problem? You'll need to run this next week during market hours to adequately test.

All of my other numbers/apps are updating as normal, so this leads me to believe it's a bug in the charting program. If this is ongoing, I'll have to rollback to the earlier code...

Btw, as mentioned in my other post, I'm current on Win7, etc. DTNIQ upgrade is the only change I've made in a while, so I don't think this is on my platform.

Running to day on server: 66.112.156.224

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 16, 2011 09:27 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
Ok, clarification, now that I'm rechecking this during market hours.

My 2-minute chart is not updating at all. When I click on the green refresh button, it refreshes to the current time, but will not update after that.

Tried several well-known stocks(AAPL, MSFT, IBM, etc), so seems to be market-wide.

TOTAL show-stopper. Will have to roll back to earlier version.

Pls post here whether you all at HQ encounter the same problem.

If so, someone needs to do some actual testing on releases before unleashing on the public.

Not good, guys...

How soon can you get a version out for download that has these basic bugs fixed? I'd like to upgrade, but gotta have sumpin' that works correctly.

Win7 Pro, DTNIQ 2.8.0.7, IQFeed 4.7.2.0

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 16, 2011 11:36 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
I just rolled back my system to DTNIQ 2.7.0.3 (IQFeed still at 4.7.2.0) and charting is working find, so as far as I can determine, there is definitely a bug in the 2.8.0.7 code...

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 16, 2011 11:36 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
oops; 'find' ---> 'fine'.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:17 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
You all ever get these bugs I reported fixed for 2.8.0.7 ?

I was talking to your support people today about a DTNIQ problem and got the run around about being on an old release and needing to upgrade. Problem is, I can't upgrade if the new code doesn't work correctly.

Mid-May to mid-August...waiting...

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:21 PM          Msg. 6 of 8
We do have a bugfix release for 2.8 in development currently. I believe it should address these issues but I don't have an ETA currently on when it will get released (it should be fairly soon, there are just a couple remaining issues to work out).

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:26 PM          Msg. 7 of 8
Ok Steve, that should work fine. Any way you could have someone email me when it's ready for public consumption? I'd rather not have to keep 'checking back' on an unknown timeframe.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 10, 2011 01:50 PM          Msg. 8 of 8
The best bet is to setup your forum account to subscribe to posts in the Announcements forum. The forums will then email you anytime there is a post in that forums. I will make sure that we post an announcement when the new version is available.

Time: Mon April 29, 2024 9:39 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003