Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »Missing Level 1 updates
Author Topic: Missing Level 1 updates (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)

nigelp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 12:09 PM          Msg. 1 of 3
I'm watching symbols for Level 1 updates using TCP/IP. (i.e. sending a "w[symbol]<CR><LF>" message)

Most of the symbols I watch send updates correctly. There are a few symbols which send the following message:

Q,xxx,,Not Found,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

where xxx is the ticker symbol. The following symbols do this:

EQ, EAC, ACS, BDK, RX, MVL, TRA, BNI, ORH, MVSN, AOC, CXG, SEPR, CTX, HLTH, PBG, PAS, FCL, PCU, WYE, SGP, SGR, WMI.

I can download historical data for these symbols without any problem, so I assume the tickers are valid.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 03:14 PM          Msg. 2 of 3
These are not valid symbols. If you take a look at the history data for these symbols, they all stopped trading some time ago and are defunct.

The reason that you are able to still get history for these symbols is because we no longer restrict history requests to symbols that are currently valid. This allows us to provide historical data for expired futures contracts.

nigelp
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 05:34 PM          Msg. 3 of 3
Great - thanks

Time: Mon May 20, 2024 7:45 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003