Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »DTN.IQ Client Software Support »Watchlist problem displaying 'strike' column
Author Topic: Watchlist problem displaying 'strike' column (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 07:33 PM          Msg. 1 of 4
Hi - I'm trying to customize/configure a watchlist for displaying equity options data and
have a problem. Example/details:

* open a blank watchlist
* do an insert of 'Insert Equity Options'
* enter 'IBM' to get a list of IBM options...
* if I have the 'strike' column selected to display, it always comes up empty.

??? Would've thought it'd show the same stuff as the strike column in an options chain.
i.e., '125.00' for an option having a strike of '$125.00'

All of the other columns I've selected come up fine, with valid data/info...

So, a code bug or am I missing something here??

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 16, 2010 07:35 PM          Msg. 2 of 4
Never mind, got it. Found a bug in the initial display of the data that leaves the strikes empty.
Got a workaround, so close this thread...

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 19, 2010 08:15 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
I am interested in looking into this issue (so it can be fixed in future versions rather than needing a work around). I am having problems duplicating this issue. When I go through the following:

Open the Blank Default watchlist
Add the strike price column
Right-click in a cell and choose insert equity options
Type in IBM
Choose near options
Click ok.

Strike price fills in fine for me with the above steps.

I also tried it with adding the strike price column after the options were inserted rather than before.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 21, 2010 12:56 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
I don't recall for sure what the problem was, as I was focused on the solution.

Might have had to do with invalid options symbols being imported into the watchlist,
resulting in a messed up display. I was doing this after market close on Friday options
expiration day(technically Saturday, tho) and it -may- be that the import wasn't working
correctly because of the expiration. Very vague on this, as right after I posted the problem,
I figured out a work around and went on with what I was doing.

Sorry I can't be more help...

Time: Wed May 8, 2024 4:11 PM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003