Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"With HUGE volume on AAPL and RIMM for 2 days, everyone in a trading room was whining about freezes, crashes and lag with *******, RealTick, TS and Cyber. InvestorRT with IQFeed was rock solid. I mean SOLID!" - Comment from Public IRC Chat
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Upgrade and PW confusion
Author Topic: Upgrade and PW confusion (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

alexB
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 06:22 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
For the second day in a row a popup shows at my task bar: Download a new IQFeed version. With QuoteTracker I simply click on the surface of it and it connects me to the website and starts the download. Here when I do it the popup disappears. I go to the site manually and cannot find anything download related. Your site is a maze.

When I try to get into developer login none of my passwords or user ids works. I've got two: one for this forum, the other one for my API to sign in here locally: for IQFeed Client. Is there yet another one?

I recall that I've been at the developer site at least three times, probably using user id that I use locally and every time I needed assistance to find out what I needed. Those emails are lost now, so I have to beg for yet another one. After you get in there are dozens of links but typically not that you need. Either the wordings are vague or whatnot I have no idea?

I tried to use the search window to find the download site here but it is only for the forums. The forums appears to be totally isolated from the developer site.

Why don't you make things simpler for the users?

Thanks.

AlexB

Edited by alexB on Feb 12, 2010 at 06:29 AM
Edited by alexB on Feb 12, 2010 at 06:31 AM

alexB
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 06:40 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
OK, I finally found yet another ID and PW. Found the download site. Downloaded and "installed." This is what I got in the process:

IQFeed Client 4.7.0.9 Setup
---------------------------
Error opening file for writing:
C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed\iqconnect.exe
Click Retry to try again, or
Cancel to stop the installation.
Retry Cancel

Naturally Retry does not work and I click Cancel. The installation proceeds like nothing happened. Finish button appears. I click it. Did I install IQFeed new version or not?

It is so confusing and messy. It is just disgusting. Sorry.

AlexB

Edited by alexB on Feb 12, 2010 at 06:43 AM
Edited by alexB on Feb 12, 2010 at 06:44 AM

alexB
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 06:52 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
OK, I found the reason for the failure. I have my QuotTracker on with IQFeed feeding it. I closed QT and installed the new version. My last wish would be to have downloads automatic.

Also I want to change the PW for the forums. Mine is impossible to remember. I cannot find a place where it can be done. I am so busy I cannot spend 10 min searching the site for that.

Thanks.

AlexB

DTN_CurtisT
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: Feb 12, 2010 07:38 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Hello AlexB, To change your pw, up at the top of the forums click on the link that says Profile, then under your email address you can change your password there.

If you have any other problems or questions please let us know.

Curtis Thompson
curtis.thompson@dtn.com
Trading Markets Customer Service
1-800-397-7000 x3614

Time: Sat April 27, 2024 1:07 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003