Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »How far back for minute & Second data for stocks
Author Topic: How far back for minute & Second data for stocks (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 05:23 AM          Msg. 1 of 5
I'm curious how far back minute & second data goes for stocks?

Minute data for ES goes back to around oct 2005, but what about second data?

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 09:48 AM          Msg. 2 of 5
For example i find that some stocks don't have minute data. AXB is an example. Is there a reason why it wouldn't have minute data?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 09:56 AM          Msg. 3 of 5
Im not sure why you wouldn't be getting minute data on AXB. I just pulled minute data and it goes back to October 1 2008. Are you unable to retrieve minute data on other symbols as well?

In general, this is what we are storing:
30 calendar days of tick (includes pre-post market) and several years of 1-Minute history (Forex back to Feb 2005, Eminis back to Sept. 2005, Stock/Futures/Indexes back to May 2007) retrieval for charting and time & sales data .

We don't currently store second data intervals. The 30 days of tick data is only available during non regular market hours. During regular market hours, the tick data is limited to 8 calendar days.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 04:01 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
I was trying to get ABX from Jan 2008 to present. If it only goes back to oct 2008 that would explain it. But why is there only data from oct 2008 if you stock several years of 1 minute history?

Thanks for the info on the tick/second intervals. I'll take that into account.

One final question, when recovering minute data, I find that it's fast from 2009 but if I go back to early 2008 it's very very slow. Is this a known limitation?

cunparis
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 04:49 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
For some symbols I see the number of seconds going up to 27 seconds without an update. Here is an update from my application:

2009-03-14 22:44:30:027 (IQ) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='AIPC' from='2009-02-23' to='2009-03-13' sessionBegin='00:00:00' sessionEnd='00:00:00' excludeWeekend=False period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0
2009-03-14 22:44:57:403 (IQ) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='MYGN' from='2009-02-23' to='2009-03-13' sessionBegin='00:00:00' sessionEnd='00:00:00' excludeWeekend=False period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0

27 seconds. While others take 4.

Time: Sun May 19, 2024 5:12 AM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003