Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Dynamic datasets bug
Author Topic: Dynamic datasets bug (14 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Spelunk
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:08 PM          Msg. 1 of 14
IQFeed vertion 4.5 has a bug using the dynamic fieldsets on
multiple sockets.

OpenSocket 1 To Level1 socket
OpenSocket 2 To Level1 socket

Set Selected Fields on Socket1
Set Selected Fields on Socket2

Msgs from socket1 are correct
Msgs from socket2 contain two messages for each update
the full update and the selected dynamic fields update.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 12:59 PM          Msg. 2 of 14
When IQConnect receives a Summary or Fundamental message from the server, it is sent out to all clients connected. This is not new functionality.

I believe what you are seeing is a change as a result of a bug that existed in 4.4.0.3.

In 4.4.0.3, some summary messages were getting the fieldset applied to them incorrectly (Summary messages should always be a complete recordset). That bug was fixed so that now, in 4.5.0.5, every summary message is sent with the full fieldset.

When you connect a second client and issue a watch on the same symbol as you are currently watching on a previous client connection, you get a new summary and fundamental message in both windows.

subsequent messages (Update messages) should only have the correct fieldset applied to each and you should not receive duplicate messages.

Does that coincide with what you are seeing?

Spelunk
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 01:39 PM          Msg. 3 of 14
I'm referring to the update messages which are duplicated. One watched security on a socket gets two different Q, ... one with the dynamic field sets and the other with all fields.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 01:56 PM          Msg. 4 of 14
I did not see the same behavior. At what point in your above description of the problem do you watch the symbols?

Spelunk
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 02:52 PM          Msg. 5 of 14
I watch the symbols after the dynamic fields are set. Here is some sampe code.
The rtSocket will return single Q messages while the quoteSocket will return 2
for each update.

m_rtSocket.OpenSocket( L"127.0.0.1", IQ_STREAM_PORT );
m_quoteSocket.OpenSocket( L"127.0.0.1", IQ_STREAM_PORT );

//define fields to be returned from RT sockets
m_rtSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Last,Total Volume,Incremental Volume,Last Trade Time,Last Trade Date\r\n");
m_quoteSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Last,Incremental Volume,Bid,Ask,Bid Size,Ask Size\r\n" );

m_rtSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "w@NQH9\r\n" );
m_quoteSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "w@NQH9\r\n" );

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 03:04 PM          Msg. 6 of 14
I can now duplicate this internally.

As a workaround until fixed, it appears that if you issue your fieldset and watch on the first socket prior to opening the second socket, that everything works as expected.

Spelunk
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 23, 2009 03:21 PM          Msg. 7 of 14
Thanks for the confirmation. I'll just live without dynamic fields on the second socket until it's fixed.

Spelunk
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 06:53 PM          Msg. 8 of 14
I tested the bug fix with version 4.6.0.7 but see another bug using the dynamic fieldsets.
It appears when three sockets have their dynamic fields defined, Iqconnect pops up an error dialog saying "the parameter is incorrect".

Sample code to reproduce:

m_rtSocket.OpenSocket( L"127.0.0.1", IQ_STREAM_PORT );
m_rtDSocket.OpenSocket( L"127.0.0.1", IQ_STREAM_PORT );
m_quoteSocket.OpenSocket( L"127.0.0.1", IQ_STREAM_PORT );

m_rtSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Last,Total Volume,Incremental Volume,Last Trade Time,Last Trade Date\r\n" );
m_rtDSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Last,Total Volume\r\n" );
m_quoteSocket.m_skt.SendMsg( "S,SELECT UPDATE FIELDS,Symbol,Last,Incremental Volume\r\n" );

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 09:37 AM          Msg. 9 of 14
With initial testing, I have not been able to reproduce this.

Does it happen 100% for you? Does the error pop up as soon as you send the last Select command or do you have to watch a symbol first?

Spelunk
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 05:23 PM          Msg. 10 of 14
It happens 100% of the time. No symbols need to be watched. The dynamic fieldsets requested have to be different on the three sockets.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 11:00 AM          Msg. 11 of 14
Sorry for the delay Spelunk. I'm not sure what I was doing different before but I was able to duplicate this today. We are looking into this.

jimc
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 11:47 AM          Msg. 12 of 14
What is the status of this bug?

I'm using IQFeed version 4.6.0.7 with MarketDelta, and with a program I've written. My program uses the socket feed and dynamic datasets. I get a "Parameter is Incorrect" error and message box every day - the first time after the equities market opens at 9:30 that I switch the symbol on a chart in MarketDelta. I also get it at various times throughout the day when I switch symbols on a chart. When I get this error, MarketDelta stops its data feed from IQFeed, and I have to restart the feed and re-download the ticks up to that point. My program doesn't seem to be affected. But it's a really annoying problem that I sure hope gets fixed soon. It's no fun to have a bunch of charts stop working at 9:30:15, and have the charting program (MarketDelta) take 30-90 seconds to recover from the problem.

Jim

jimc
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 08:37 AM          Msg. 13 of 14
I upgraded to 4.6.1.0; same problem.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 9, 2009 11:10 AM          Msg. 14 of 14
Sorry for the delay. Assuming the bug you are experiencing is the same as the issue being reported in this thread, the current status is "in development and it should be resolved in a future release. Unfortunately, I don't have more information currently.

However, the way you have described it might indicate that it is a different issue. I will try to duplicate the issue using Market Delta to see if I can confirm this.

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 5:25 AM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003