Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"I used to have *******, but they are way more money for the same thing. I have had no probs with data from DTN since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Delay on Level II data ?
Author Topic: Delay on Level II data ? (10 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 11:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 10
Hi,

I just experienced a significant delay on the incoming level 2 data.
- at 11:00 AM it's ~ 10-15 seconds delayed
- at 12:00 AM it catches up to 1-3 seconds
- at 15:40 PM it again is ~ 30 seconds
- at 16:00 PM I experienced ~ 60 seconds (last friday)

I measure the dealy by comparing the timestamp of the incoming U record to my local PC clock.

Is there some issue releated to market activity ? Or is just my account (probably somehow restricted) ?

Am I missing something ?

Regards

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net
TradeMagic - Trading at its best

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 13, 2004 03:10 PM          Msg. 2 of 10
Right now at 16:09 PM I get the last ticks of today's session having timestamp 15:59:59.

This is a delay of ~10 minutes.

How come ? Is there some throttling I'm missing ?

Regards

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Sep 14, 2004 02:59 PM          Msg. 3 of 10
What this ~10 minute delay on level II or level I quote data? What symbol are you watching, I will try to watch as well and compare to some other sources to see if there are issues..

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 14, 2004 03:01 PM          Msg. 4 of 10
Level II, MSFT

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 08:46 AM          Msg. 5 of 10
More observations:

I just tried again (09:38). The gap on Level II data is increasing the longer I let my app run: after some minutes, the gap is more than a minute.

Regards

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net

DTN_Tim_Russell
-IQ Server Developer-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 10:57 AM          Msg. 6 of 10
Dierk -

If you disconnect from Level 2, then reconnect, is the gap still there?

Tim Russell
Software Engineer
DTN IQ & FinWin

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 11:24 AM          Msg. 7 of 10
Tim,

I starts with a ~10 seconds delay. So the gap is smaller on restarting.

Also interesting:
It takes up to 10-15 second until all data of complete level II bid and ask is there.

No, it's not my internet connection. I did not experience that behaviour with any other datafeed TradeMagic supports

Regards

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net

DTN_Tim_Russell
-IQ Server Developer-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 01:14 PM          Msg. 8 of 10
I'm looking at the output of IQFeed Level 2) (localhost, port 9200), and comparing it with the input/output from our Level 2 server. I've been watching this for the past 10 minutes or so, and can't see any significant delay between when the server sends it out and when IQFeed forwards it on. Looking at behavior of the level 2 server, it doesn't look like the backup is there, either.

If you telnet directly to the Level 2 port in IQFeed and watch the symbol, do you still see the same behavior? I'm just trying to rule everything out here.

Tim Russell
Software Engineer
DTN IQ & FinWin

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 17, 2004 01:18 PM          Msg. 9 of 10
Tim,

Thanks for suggestion.

Let me try here. I'll keep you posted.

Regards

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net

Dierk Droth
-Interested User-

Posted: Sep 22, 2004 09:32 AM          Msg. 10 of 10
Issue resolved. It has been a problem in my code.

For anybodys curiosity :
Instead of summitting "wMSFT\r\n" I sent "wMSFT\r\n\0": an additional null byte. Somehow that causes the throttling on IQFeed's end. Funny. This effect is reproducable with a simple app.

Anyway: Problem was on my end and now is resolved.

Thanks for help.

Dierk Droth
www.trademagic.net

Time: Thu May 16, 2024 5:08 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003