Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Basic Backfill Question
Author Topic: Basic Backfill Question (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

optional
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 10:29 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
I signed up for the basic IQFEED service demo, I am trying to get backfill 1 minute bars for a futures contract. The product information page says that it is available for 1.5 years historically. I only need to get the last 5 days.

I am using Excel.

Thanks in advance

DTN_SarahS
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 10:39 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Hello Optional,

Unfortunately, using Excel alone, there is no way to retrieve historical data with IQ Feed. You will need some way to view the historical data. If you prefer to stick to Excel and the DDE linking, I would reccomend a product called XLQ, it will allow you to retrieve the historical data you need to display in Excel. Otherwise, you may want to try DTN IQ or a third party software along side your Excel.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Sarah
DTN Trading Markets

optional
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 10:57 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
I'm willing to consider anything that will just get me the data in some text or XML format. Lightweight as possible, since I'm really just shopping for a data feed.

I have to say, that having to add a 3rd party application to your data feed to get the data feed makes me feel somewhat confused.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 11:03 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
Just to clarify this a bit. It should be possible to retrieve historical data from IQFeed into excel using VBA. However, this is not supported unless you are subscribed to the developer API service.

As Sarah mentioned, our DDE app that feeds data into Excel, only supports realtime streaming data. If you are not looking to develop your own method for retrieving the data, XLQ is developed by one of our API customers and does offer this feature.

To further clarify "what IQFeed is". Simply put, it is a datafeed. We do offer a DTN client application for IQFeed as well (DTN.IQ) but it is not required to use the datafeed. There is a wide variety of other 3rd party apps that support IQFeed as well and you can use any combo of these to get data in whatever format/display you are needing.

If you are wanting to write your own app to process the data from IQFeed, you will need to subscribe to our API service.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on Feb 25, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Time: Thu May 2, 2024 12:19 AM CFBB v1.2.0 17 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003