Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »real time not updating
Author Topic: real time not updating (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)

kminler
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 2, 2006 03:00 AM          Msg. 1 of 8
Well here it is 3:50 a.m. eastern and your servers are still not up and running with real time Forex updates. Is this a further erosion of services or merely an extension of your policy to drive me nuts?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jun 2, 2006 07:58 AM          Msg. 2 of 8
Which forex feed and what symbols were not updating? How long were they not updating for? If you can give us a little more information it may help track down any problems there may be.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

kminler
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 2, 2006 11:26 AM          Msg. 3 of 8
I'm not too sure when updating stopped, sometime during Thursday evening, I thought it was just your usual midnight shutdown come a little early, using the Barclay and Tullet feeds for the TEURJPY AND BEURUSD, over many time frames.

Finally shut down my entire system and reloaded everything , that solved the problem but is not an ideal solution in the midst of trading.

Also; while I'm *****ing your daily Forex data for the last three months is all screwed up , most days only have partial data. Can I download Asci data and build my own data base to fill in the missing data?

Thanks

Keith

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jun 2, 2006 11:31 AM          Msg. 4 of 8
The historical data problem is known, and a fix has been in QA for the past couple weeks. We are testing some new code again this weekend and if all goes well, the fix will go out next weekend.

The feeds didn't stop last night. It sounds like you lost connection for some reason. Be sure you are using the latest IQFeed, which is much better at reconnecting if it drops a connection to the server due to Internet issues. I run (as many of our customers do) for weeks on end without every shutting down IQFeed.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN - Trading Markets

kminler
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 4, 2006 11:44 PM          Msg. 5 of 8
HI Jay

Well here we are again, charts did not update all evening but at least up until 11:00P.M. I could reload and get most (not all!) of the data for the previous bars. Since 11:00 nothing, all charts have no data beyond that time.

I have tried shutting down and reloading no help. IQ connection manager sez everything O.K., get updates every few seconds. My trading platform and other online services are and have been working fine.

I think the problem lies at your end.

Keith

ganfx
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 5, 2006 02:43 AM          Msg. 6 of 8
Same with Hotspot majors, 11pm EST last update.

jamesh2
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 5, 2006 05:04 AM          Msg. 7 of 8
I'm having a similar problem, my last Hostspot FOREX update was Sat 7:00am 3/6/2006 (+10 hours GMT) which is normal. While reconnecting about 8 hours ago I received "Symbol not found" errors on all majors. After reconnecting a few hours ago i'm no longer getting the error message, but I have not received a FOREX update yet which is unusual. The server that i'm currently connected to is 66.112.148.222 and i'm using the latest IQ client.

F.Y.I I'm receiving update on various equities though

jamesh2
-Interested User-

Posted: Jun 5, 2006 05:10 AM          Msg. 8 of 8
I've tried reconnecting again with the same result (Server: 66.112.156.223)

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 11:56 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003