Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »News command syntax error
Author Topic: News command syntax error (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

dylan06
-Interested User-

Posted: May 15, 2006 12:15 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I'm getting syntax error when I send a news command such as "NCT;". I use TCP/IP address 127.0.0.1, 9100.

Is the address wrong?

Thanks

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 15, 2006 12:26 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
127.0.0.1 port 9100 is the correct address/port for News lookup.

I would suspect you are doing something else wrong.

Are you adding a carriage return or a line feed character to the end of your request?

If so, this will make it so that you only recieve results with your first request you make since your next request will have the carriage return or line feed at the beginning.

For example, if I send the command (<CR> = carriage return):

NCT;<CR>

I will get the News configuration back, but if I request it again, I will get a syntax error since it is actually going to be,

<CR>NCT;<CR>

If this still doesnt help, I may need to see your code to be able to tell what you are doing wrong.
Edited by DTN_Steve_S on May 15, 2006 at 12:27 PM

dylan06
-Interested User-

Posted: May 15, 2006 12:40 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
I'm not adding any extra character such as line feed. I'm using this inside a program which already I've stablished a connection to 127.0.0.1, 5009 to receive the quote data. Does DTN allow have 2 connections?

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: May 15, 2006 12:53 PM          Msg. 4 of 5
Yes, In fact, you should always maintain your level1 conenction to port 5009.

However, the NCT; command needs to be sent through to the lookup port (9100) as it sounds like you are doing.

What happens when you try using the News example apps?

dylan06
-Interested User-

Posted: May 15, 2006 01:15 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
Steve,

There was an error in my code. Now it works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Time: Sat May 18, 2024 8:56 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003