Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Minute historical data for current day not available at 11:30 pm CST??
Author Topic: Minute historical data for current day not available at 11:30 pm CST?? (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

mbielinski
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 21, 2004 10:49 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
Has anyone noticed that minute historical data for the current day is not available around 11:30 PM CST for that day? In doing testing on July 20, I was pulling minute data for the trading day just ended (July 20), but in the last hour of the day, the data suddenly started stopping on July 19. Later, it resumed again through July 20.

I thought I had also noticed this the day before as well.

Michael S Bielinski

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 25, 2004 11:10 PM          Msg. 2 of 7
Michael,

I just checked using DTN.IQ on @ESU4 and show minute data up to the current minute. It is 15 minute shy of 11:30, but thought I would check. Can you provide some more detail regarding the interface you are using as well as what symbols you are trying to pull along with the interval and number of days back you are requesting.

Thanks

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Jul 25, 2004 11:13 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
A follow up question: are you in Central Time zone? Just curious if we are seeing some issue since the servers are in ET and the client maybe seeing it as the previous data. Its something we will look at in the history code on Monday.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

mbielinski
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 26, 2004 11:40 PM          Msg. 4 of 7
Yes, I am in the Central Time Zone. I checked again today, Monday July 26 23:30 CST, and IQFeed once again only retreived data through Friday July 23, DESPITE having retreived data for Monday July 26 earlier in the day.

So, the problem is verified. I tested it on the first 8 stocks in my list - A, AA, AACE, AAI, AAP, AAPL, AAR, AATK.

At 23:30 CST, the time has rolled over to 00:30 in EST, and if you are still pulling the date from CST, you might think it is July 26 00:30, rather than July 27 00:30, and that would explain why the data stops prior to the market hours for July 26. Just a thought.

Michael S Bielinski

mbielinski
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 26, 2004 11:42 PM          Msg. 5 of 7
I forgot to mention - I am pulling 5 minute data, and I believe I am only requesting 5 days of data.

Michael S Bielinski

DTN_Tim_Russell
-IQ Server Developer-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jul 26, 2004 11:58 PM          Msg. 6 of 7
This problem has to do with how our retrieval servers work and when the nightly processing is done to build composite datapoints from our tick data.

I'll look into this in the morning and see what solutions I can come up with. Hopefully this can be resolved without too much delay.

Tim Russell
Software Engineer
DTN IQ & FinWin

DTN_Tim_Russell
-IQ Server Developer-

DTN Market Access, LLC.

Posted: Jul 27, 2004 08:51 AM          Msg. 7 of 7
Michael,

Our nightly processing that converts tick data into single-minute bars for long-term storage begins at 10-minutes after midnight EST, and runs till about 00:45 EST. The best short-term solution is to move your processing to after this time period.

I've talked to our development manager and project manager, and we've decided that other bugs and enhancements require more immediate attention.

This will go on the list of things to be fixed in the future.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Tim Russell
Software Engineer
DTN IQ & FinWin

Time: Thu May 16, 2024 1:06 PM CFBB v1.2.0 10 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003