Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am keeping IQFeed, much better reliabilty than *******. I may refer a few other people in the office to switch as well." - Comment from Don
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: R6Solutions
About Contact
Last Post: Feb 13, 2008 11:45 AM
Interests: Software, Rock and Roll and
Email: bos4@mindspring.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
R6Solutions has contributed to 7 posts out of 21194 total posts (0.03%) in 5,940 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » VFP 9: Messaging and Call Back Performance Feb 13, 2008 11:45 AM (Total replies: 1)

What messaging method requires the least overhead and gives the best performance?

Is their a performance advantage to either the WM_MOUSEMOVE method verses the CallBack solution.

Has anyone implemented either of these in VFP 9? Could you share any snipits or advice?

Best Regards,
Terry
www.r6solutions.com/

IQFeed Developer Support » Avoiding DDE Feb 13, 2008 11:40 AM (Total replies: 1)

I would like to avoid implementing any DDE with my project. Does using the API or COM guarantee that DDE class are avoided? Or - is DDE inevitable regardless of implementation.

Thanks,
Best Regards
Terry

IQFeed Developer Support » API vs COM with VFP Feb 13, 2008 11:28 AM (Total replies: 1)

I am working with VFP 9 and the IQ32.DLL.

I have not implemented the Messaging yet.

I did some simple evaluations using the VFP command window (it's a great tool for prototyping or modeling even though a project might be delivered with a different tool).

My declaration looks like this:
DECLARE integer RegisterClientApp IN IQ32.dll as RCA integer, string, string,string

My VFP call (in VFP's command window) looks like this:
?RCA(client.HWnd,"MYDEMO","0.11111111","1.0")

A zero is returned - (messaging is not yet implemented) and the IQFeed login client opens and the IQFeed process shows in my task window.

When I enter the user id and password and click connect, the IQFeed client reports I am using a version of the product the account that is not registered for.

However, when I run "IQConnect" from Explorer, the login credentials allow the connection.

Also, when I run the API through VFP and enter bogus credentials - I get an expected authentication error. So it seems there is some communication with DTNs' authentication server.

I am doing a project for a DTN licensee. His current implementation maybe using the COM. Are the COM and API different products?

Have I missed something? Do I need to configure my copy of the developer's object for my desktop or IP?

Best Regards,
Terry

IQFeed Developer Support » Registry Entry For Start Up Port Feb 12, 2008 12:05 PM (Total replies: 3)

Thanks Steve,

I saw it at HKCU (5009).

Would this be the port the project, using the API, would need to "listen" to in order evaluate returns and messages from the feed?

Regards,
Terry

IQFeed Developer Support » Registry Entry For Start Up Port Feb 12, 2008 12:25 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hello,
The "Configuring for TCP/IP" Developer document suggests a configurable port at registry address:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DTN\IQFEED\Startup\Level1Port

My registry does not show the branch for "Startup\Level1Port".

Is it required? Maybe my install was incomplete. Should I manually add the keys and enter a port value?

Best Regards
Terry

IQFeed Developer Support » Open Interest and The Greeks Feb 9, 2008 12:44 AM (Total replies: 8)

Quote: a) How can we determine open interest for a given option? Does IQFeed provide this data somehow?

b) I also want to compute the greeks, I know that I will ned to compute this myself. I have a few formulas I found that show how to do it, not too bad. Curious though, does anyone have code/pseudo-code on how to calculate the greeks they could post?

Cheers,
--- Original message by shortorlong on Feb 3, 2008 11:27 AM
For the greeks you need a cost to carry assumption (rate), a volatility assumption (rate), an interest rate (there's all kinds - open interest - yields to expiration for reversals or conversions - in the money - out of the money). You need a strike - a stock price range and an expiration.

Volatilities can be computed - they're like a moving average and a function of the underlying stock, unlike a VIX, which is a function of the option (i think).

An open interest might work.

All the greeks require a guy called the "partial derivative". Then - depending on which greeks you are interested in, the derivatives are a variation on a theme.

You can visit my web site for more info - and there is a book by Haug that offers the formulas - but some of them call Excel functions - and some - when you implement them do not agree with his results. If you make your question more specific - I might be able to help you with details.

If you're going to work with assumptions it would be pretty easy - but if you're rendering from market data, then your first effort should be to establish your metrics for volatilities and interest.

IQFeed Developer Support » OLE error in Visual foxpro Feb 9, 2008 12:26 AM (Total replies: 2)

Steve,

Can you send me a copy of your email response and resolution.

I am working with VFP 9 and am considering it for part of our project.

I would be interested in how the declaration is made with VFP and any other information you might have.

Regards

Time: Tue May 14, 2024 11:35 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003