Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Excellent datafeed !!!" - Comment from Arely
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"Everything is working great with the API. I love it." - Comment from Calvin
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Can I get another account from you? I am tired of ******* going down so often" - Comment from George
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: junkone
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 8, 2018 08:31 PM
Interests:
Email: junkone1@gmail.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
junkone has contributed to 28 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.13%) in 6,121 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Oct 8, 2018 08:31 PM (Total replies: 15)

i was trying to load my amibroker and need to figure out which are just the LSE stocks. when i look at the spreadsheet from DTN, there are 11774 records matching equity in the LSE exchange.
the breakdown is
LSE LSE 9873
LSE LSEI 1901
Which of these are just equity. I dont care about bonds or mutual funds.

Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Oct 7, 2018 06:47 PM (Total replies: 15)

was the LSE issue ever fixed?

Data and Content Support » adjust intraday data Jul 26, 2018 01:16 PM (Total replies: 3)

can you give me a example so i understand the daily logic

Data and Content Support » adjust intraday data Jul 24, 2018 06:47 PM (Total replies: 3)

it looks like the eod data is adjusted but he intraday historical data is not adjusted. I want to do it manually. is there a script or logic that i can use to adjust it.
the other idea i had was to get the open price from both data sources and then use it as a ratio to adjust the intraday data.
what do you folks think?

Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Sep 4, 2017 06:47 PM (Total replies: 15)

ok, how do I distinguish these LSE stocks. I am sure its not 23k that exist on the exchange.
https://i.imgur.com/6ay9QqT.png

Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Aug 30, 2017 09:07 PM (Total replies: 15)

so which part of this accounts for the Nasdaq only. there are 3273 listed in their website
http://www.nasdaq.com/screening/companies-by-industry.aspx?exchange=NASDAQ. Should I just ignore OTC only or should I ignore any of the other ones NCM, NGM, MGSM?
I need better clarity as its your symbol list and I need to make it better.
I have similar issue with LSE symbols where the counts are greater than what is listed in LSE

Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Aug 29, 2017 11:32 PM (Total replies: 15)

why do you hve 19k Nasdaq symbols in equity? it makes no sense when Nasdaq posts that they have 3.5 k symbols.

Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Aug 28, 2017 09:08 PM (Total replies: 15)

it still does not add up. I pulled all the Nasdaq info in a pivot table and you can see I don't get the right counts. Just tell me what doe these different column types mean?

I have exchange=Nasdaq
when I filter Equity, I get 19091 symbols. this is way too many for nasdaq
http://i.imgur.com/HdyGiGR.png

Data and Content Support » how to understand the symbol format Aug 26, 2017 10:29 AM (Total replies: 15)

The number of stocks listed in nasdaq is 3.5k http://i.imgur.com/HhAubKE.png
but the number of stocks that your symbols lookup is showing is >63k. http://i.imgur.com/hUMtulT.png
how do i filter out the right symbols from mktsymbols_v2 zip file. the zip file matchs your website but there seems to be too much symbols for LSE and Nasdaq that dont align with the counts provided by the exchange.

Data and Content Support » accuracy of realtime data from dtn Mar 19, 2009 12:35 PM (Total replies: 5)

that is what i have
http://screencast.com/t/Uv5rxxG6o8Y

Data and Content Support » accuracy of realtime data from dtn Mar 19, 2009 12:02 PM (Total replies: 5)

i use amibroker. i will send your response to amibroker support and see what they have to say.

Data and Content Support » accuracy of realtime data from dtn Mar 18, 2009 08:27 PM (Total replies: 5)

i seem to find issues with the last bar from dtniq daily.
i use the intraday bars and set my intraday settings to show day session only. so it starts at 9.30 and ends at 16:00 hours
every day the last bar seems to spike. for eg
worden dtniq goog finance
RIMM 40.98 41.12 40.98
BWLD 36.47 35.6 36.47

i am guessing that bad ticks are making it in. but at a daily basis, this is getting annoying as my indicators get messed up with bad data as it reflects inaccurate closing prices.

Data and Content Support » how to find list of etf's Aug 7, 2008 10:01 AM (Total replies: 1)

where do i find list of etf's for nasdaq and toronto

Data and Content Support » Advise your customers Aug 7, 2008 10:00 AM (Total replies: 1)

i second that. either a better error during app login or a email notification works.

Data and Content Support » atvi atvid issue Jul 24, 2008 08:25 AM (Total replies: 4)

kinda strange. as i see it today. however, i would love if the data is merged as the symbol has changed.

Data and Content Support » atvi atvid issue Jul 23, 2008 06:56 PM (Total replies: 4)

atvi got changed to atvid. however the data exists only till 9/7/2008 dmy
google finance shows data for atvid till current.

Data and Content Support » gap in data symbol=ABAT May 20, 2008 06:06 PM (Total replies: 1)

the data for ABAT seems to have a gap in it between 18/10/2007 and 26/2/2008. when will this be corrected.

Data and Content Support » will splits be corrected Apr 10, 2008 01:32 PM (Total replies: 14)

i will post more when i find it

Data and Content Support » will splits be corrected Apr 10, 2008 12:08 PM (Total replies: 14)

check mdr and it was split in sept 2007 that was not corrected. i see many symbols that have not beencorrcted.

Data and Content Support » will splits be corrected Apr 10, 2008 11:53 AM (Total replies: 14)

are splits ever handled in dtniq data

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 9:33 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003