Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: vis_nagraj
About Contact
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 01:05 AM
Interests:
Email: vis_nagraj@yahoo.co.uk
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
vis_nagraj has contributed to 5 posts out of 21196 total posts (0.02%) in 6,172 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Using iqfeed client behind a proxy connection Dec 17, 2007 01:05 AM (Total replies: 1)

dear steve,

I want to run iqfeed client from my pc, and in my pc, the internet connection is behind a proxy, means i get the net connection from a proxy.... And i found that iqfeed doesnt gets connected from a proxy... Why is it so... Do i need to do any extra settings for making iqfeed work from a proxy connection....

Please do let me know as early as possible....

with regards,

Vishwanath

Dear steve,

I get this another also sometimes while downloading historical data:

!ERROR! Could not connect to History socket.

pllzz help me...

Vishwanath

Dear steve,

It happens at times that when ever i download historical data for a bunch of symbols, i get an error message for one or more symbols, the error i get is:

!ERROR! !NONE!

what does this error signify, does it signify that there is no data available for that particular symbol, or anything else.. And secondly, if i try again after sometimes, i get data for the same symbol!!! why is it so ? This error does not comes every time, but does come at some irregular times....

I use java for connecting to iqfeed...

Plzz do help me, in this....

Vishwanath

IQFeed Developer Support » Unusual problem with historical data Aug 30, 2007 01:35 AM (Total replies: 1)

Dear steve,

I have an unusual problem while downloading historical data. Actually in my program we download historical data for more than one symbols. But what happens is that sometimes, the IQFeed server is not giving any data for one or more symbols. And then immediately if i re-run the program, i get the historical data for that same symbols, for which i was not getting the data earlier.

In my program i use 5 simultaneous socket connections to download historical data of 5 different symbols. But at times no data is sent for some symbols. For instance if i run my program and downloaded data for symbol YHOO, and i received also the data. Now if i close the application, re-run it and do the same thing i did earlier, i don't receive any data from YHOO. Why so?

Is it because i am opening a lot of socket connection simultaneously for historical data? If so, then whats the max. limit to the no. of socket connections that i can have to download historical data for different symbols ?

If thats not the case, the could u plz let me know what is causing it to behave like this? Is it some programming error from my side, or is it some other problem.

Plzz do help me in this matter..

Vishwanath...

Dear steve,

I had a query regarding using multiple socket connections to IQConnect. We have a requirement of getting realtime data (level 1) for around 100 symbols at the same time. The application is developed in Java. I have a confusion regarding this. Should i use a single Socket connection and give commands for all the 100 symbols, OR should i used different Socket connections at the same time for each symbols. Secondly, we have to use threads to read data from socket, but here also should I use a single thread with a single socket connection for all 100 symbols, OR should i create individual threads (and individual socket connection) for each symbol. Please could u help me in this. How would it affect the performance if we use multiple threads (or socket connections).

Eagery awaiting for some good reply...

Vishwanath

Time: Sun May 19, 2024 8:03 PM CFBB v1.2.0 5 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003