Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let u know that your data feed/service is by far the best!!! Your unfiltered tick data is excellent for reading order flow and none of your competitors delivers this quality of data!" - Comment from Peter via Email
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: novice
About Contact
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 11:22 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
novice has contributed to 13 posts out of 21196 total posts (0.06%) in 6,261 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » DTNConnect is broken ! Jun 9, 2007 11:22 PM (Total replies: 2)

Ok. It seems that when I do regular browsing using FireFox while downloading historical tick data IQFeed freezes up & never recovers. So when I restarted IQFeed & stopped any other network activity it went though fine. This may be subtle bug, worth investigating at your end.
--novice

IQFeed Developer Support » DTNConnect is broken ! Jun 8, 2007 06:27 AM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,
am using latest version 4.2.1.4 developer feed version.
I have been using the "HT" command to obtain historical ticker data for any symbol. Just last night the DTNConnect.exe has stopped aribitrarily popping a dialog that it encountered a problem. I am able to browse the internet though. So it is not general connectivity problem with with my ISP. Anybody seen this ? I had never had this problem before.
Thanks,
--novice

Data and Content Support » current time format Apr 29, 2007 08:45 PM (Total replies: 1)

Is the time format "HH:MM:SSc" or is it still "HH:MMc" ?
-novice

Data and Content Support » pre-market ticks Apr 29, 2007 07:33 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,
At what time do pre-market trades begin to show-up for equities traded on US exchanges.
--novice

Data and Content Support » clarification on Time Format Apr 29, 2007 12:03 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hi,

this is in reference to "Update/Summary Message Format" table, and Field # 18

In the case when the time format is *NOT* HH:MM:SSt is the information in the field 8 relevant ?
Or in other words I want to make sure only messages that have the format HH:MM:SSt in the field 8 are actual trade ticks.
Thanks,
--novice

Data and Content Support » option contract info Apr 7, 2007 10:16 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hi,

I am issuing the OFOF command to obtain info about in/out of money contracts. This is the full command here for "SUNW" symbol:
OFOF,SUNW,o,DP,1,0,0,2,2,2,pc;

The result I got is :

SUQ DA,SUQ DH,SUQ DI,SUQ DJ,:,SUQ PI,SUQ PJ,SUQ PA,SUQ PH,

I expected the result to contain in/out of money contract numbers, however it is the same response as I got for "OFO" request.

Am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks,
--novice

Data and Content Support » how to determine Acquired Company Apr 2, 2007 12:00 AM (Total replies: 1)

Does the feed or exchange provide information that a company has been acquired ? Basically in the documentation for "Level I via TCP/IP" does the command "f[symbol]<CR><LF>" or any other command provide this information. For example CSCO announced acquisition of WEBX couple of weeks ago. Is it possible to determine that information interpreting some 'code' in the feed (sent by the exchange). I am assuming any trading activity on WEBX, for example, would be for arbitrage only.
--novice

Data and Content Support » option chains Apr 1, 2007 04:09 PM (Total replies: 8)

Excellent! Thanks for the quick responses.

Data and Content Support » option chains Apr 1, 2007 03:59 PM (Total replies: 8)

Thank you. That was exactly it. Now I am able to retrieve option chains.For example for KOMG April CALL options @ 35 --

historical data for QKX DG
2007-03-30 14:37:00,0.30,3,47,0.25,0.30,0,0,0
2007-03-30 12:09:00,0.30,10,44,0.30,0.30,0,0,0
2007-03-30 10:31:00,0.30,4,34,0.30,0.40,0,0,0
2007-03-30 10:27:00,0.35,5,30,0.35,0.45,0,0,0
2007-03-30 09:41:00,0.45,25,25,0.40,0.45,0,0,0

Now my question is if I use the command "w[symbol]<CR><LF>" where the symbol is "QKX DG" will I be able to watch it real time just like a regular equity symbol.

Thanks,
--novice

Data and Content Support » option chains Mar 31, 2007 09:12 PM (Total replies: 8)

I am using the doc titled "Option Chains via TCP/IP"
I have been succesfully able to get the options symbols using the "OFO" command.
When I using one of the resulting symbols, for example QKXDG (which is a April Call Option for KOMG) and use the "HT" command to get the historical data, I get "!ERROR! !ERROR! Invalid symbol". So, are those the right sequene of commands to get the option contract history.
Thanks,
--novice

Data and Content Support » option chains Mar 31, 2007 01:12 PM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks. is the history intra-day or end-of-the-day ? If it is intra day how frequently is it updated ? Basically what is the lag time between the real-time & intra-day historical option chain data ?
--novice

Data and Content Support » option chains Mar 31, 2007 12:45 PM (Total replies: 8)

How can I get daily history of equity option chains information ?
Thanks,
--novice

Time: Mon May 20, 2024 2:37 PM CFBB v1.2.0 5 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003