Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"Previously I was using *******. IQFeed is WAY more economical, and for my charting needs is just as good, if not better." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: John Jones
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 7, 2020 03:21 PM
Interests:
Email: jmjatlanta@yahoo.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
John Jones has contributed to 6 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.03%) in 1,583 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Market snapshot error on EDS / 5MS command Jan 7, 2020 03:21 PM (Total replies: 10)

In my case, it may be caused by virtualization. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 with a basic installation of wine. I have also tested Windows 10 running in VMWare Workstation 15 Player. Both environments fail with the "Incomplete file from server".

I then attempted the same on a Windows 10 machine (no virtualization) and was not able to reproduce the problem.

Returning to my Ubuntu machine, both "virtual" environments continue to fail. I am happy to help with any other testing you wish me to perform.

IQFeed Developer Support » Market snapshot error on EDS / 5MS command Jan 6, 2020 04:57 PM (Total replies: 10)

This may be a clue: I modified my code to not stop after the NASDAQ Market Summary fails. The application now goes ahead and attempts to download the OPERA Market Summary file. Both resulted in "E,Incomplete file from server. [received]/[expected]. In both cases, the received number was 525628, and the expected number was different.

So perhaps the received number being the same could lead to a cause. Fingers crossed.

IQFeed Developer Support » Market Summary Files incomplete Jan 6, 2020 04:54 PM (Total replies: 4)

FYI: As the problems seem to be the same, (as mentioned above) I will post my findings at: http://forums.dtn.com/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=5649

IQFeed Developer Support » Market snapshot error on EDS / 5MS command Jan 6, 2020 01:36 PM (Total replies: 10)

I logged the error and sent it to developer@iqfeed.net. I am also willing to provide some simple c++ code to demonstrate the issue if necessary. Hopefully this will lead to a diagnosis and solution.

IQFeed Developer Support » Market Summary Files incomplete Dec 30, 2019 12:19 PM (Total replies: 4)

As part of my process, I am downloading a 5 minute market summary from NYSE, NASDAQ, and OPERA. I have yet to see the NYSE summary fail. The failure of both NASDAQ and OPERA I have seen, and always with different statistics. That would seem to indicate that size could be the issue, as the NYSE summary is always smaller. Perhaps there is a timeout that is a bit too restrictive? As a side note, latency at my location may be a bit high (throughput is reasonable), as I am currently in Panama.

Let me know if you would like me to do some logging.

IQFeed Developer Support » Market Summary Files incomplete Dec 20, 2019 12:16 PM (Total replies: 4)

When attempting to download market summary files, I receive an error:

[my prefix],E,Incomplete file from server. 521309/615706,

The error seems to come and go. At the moment, if I ask for NYSE 5MS it works fine. If I ask for NASDAQ, it does not.

Based on recent experience, I'm guessing that if I wait a few hours, it will go away.

Any suggestions?

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 4:51 AM CFBB v1.2.0 11 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003