Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I have to tell you though that using the IQFeed API is about the easiest and cleanest I have seen for some time." - Comment from Jim
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"If you want customer service that answers the phone, your best bet is IQFeed. I cannot stop praising them or their technical support. They are always there for you, and they are quick. I have used ****** too but the best value is IQFeed." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Jaro1337
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 16, 2018 03:24 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Jaro1337 has contributed to 6 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.03%) in 2,088 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux Nov 16, 2018 03:24 AM (Total replies: 16)

Also:

I've tried setting the three environment variables that you provided and the effect was that I got only 2 of the "Xlib: extension "MIT-SHM" missing on display "localhost:10.0"." errors (not the 6 as before) but then the rest of the behavior is the same (the ICMP ping problem followed by the IQFeed termination; where I understand the exit is planned even if the ICMP ping was OK).

The xdpyinfo command gave me the attached output (not that I would understand it much).

IQFeed Developer Support » Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux Nov 16, 2018 03:14 AM (Total replies: 16)

I believe I may have caused some confusion as to how I use the whole system. It's like this:

• I run both the IQFeed AND the feed consuming client (my native Linux executable) on my remote Linux box.

• I launch both the IQFeed (under Wine) and my program from an ssh character-based PuTTY console (as my Linux box is headless).

• The Xming X server running on my Windows box is used for entering username/password into the (I believe) "IQConnect" window that shows up in a Windows window when starting IQFeed. IQFeed then also attempts to minimize itself into a tray-icon which is also shown in a separate window on my Windows machine for the duration of the IQFeed run.

• The only reason why I am using Wine on the remote box is that I don't have a Linux executable for IQFeed (and I believe there isn't one available).

• I am not sure how exactly the shared memory extension is supposed to work but if it's to speed up communication between the IQFeed and the feed consuming client, I still believe that it could work provided the IQFeed running under Wine can, in fact, share some memory with my native Linux program.

The traceroute from my Debian machine to my Windows box won't work because my Windows machine is not directly accessible from the Internet. It's me who initiates the connection from Windows to Linux and communication back to the X server running in Windows is through the "Enable X11 Forwarding" that I allow in my putty ssh client.

Please let me know if there is still anything unclear or wrong about my setup.

IQFeed Developer Support » Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux Nov 15, 2018 01:58 AM (Total replies: 16)

Here is a more detailed description of the behavior I am seeing and of the configuration I run.

This is the exact output that I am seeing _without_ ever connecting a client (the difference from having a connecting client is just that the last line appears later along with the termination of the IQFeed client):

$ IQFEED
Xlib: extension "MIT-SHM" missing on display "localhost:10.0".
err:winediag:IcmpCreateFile Failed to use ICMP (network ping), this requires special permissions.

These are the versions of my software:

• Remote host OS: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) (with some security hardening)

• Remote host Wine: wine-1.8.7 (Debian 1.8.7-2)

• Remote host IQFeed: 6.0.0.5

• Local host OS: Windows 8.1

• Local host XServer: Xming 6.9.0.31

Could the problem be caused by the missing "MIT-SHM" extension?
Edited by Jaro1337 on Nov 15, 2018 at 01:58 AM
Edited by Jaro1337 on Nov 15, 2018 at 01:59 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux Nov 12, 2018 11:11 AM (Total replies: 16)

Oh, OK, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the explanation!
J.

IQFeed Developer Support » Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux Nov 12, 2018 02:49 AM (Total replies: 16)

Hi @taa_dtn,

I have finally got to play around with IQFeed on my headless Linux box through Wine. I am able to start it, connect to it and get some messages back (like the periodic timestamps). However, I am having the following problem:

After disconnecting my client, I get (within a couple of seconds) an error that says: "err:winediag: IcmpCreateFile Failed to use ICMP (network ping), this requires special permissions." and the IQFeed client terminates. I was thinking about running the process as a superuser (i.e. instead of "wine iqconnect.exe ..." as "sudo wine iqconnect.exe ...") but I have seen people saying that calline wine as a superuser messes up the file permissions so I don't want to do that. Do you remember dealing with this issue?

Thanks
Jaroslav
Edited by Jaro1337 on Nov 12, 2018 at 03:02 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Consuming IQFeed APIs via C++ on Linux Aug 2, 2018 09:51 AM (Total replies: 16)

Hi,

There are very few posts here about anything Linux related and I haven't seen anything relating specifically to using C++ under Linux to consume the IQFeed APIs.

The sample C++ code that can be downloaded from http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api.cfm is for Windows (plus I actually had to install MFC support and Windows XP support to my Visual Studio 2017). The page doesn't mention anything about target operating systems but I guess that Windows is silently assumed.

I have seen one other thread where someone mentioned that people use WINE to run the Windows IQFeed binary on Linux. That doesn't seem to be ideal. Does anyone have a better solution?

Thanks

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 6:48 PM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003