Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Everything is working amazing now. I'm already impressed with the true-tick feed of IQFeed and it's ability to support my 480 symbol layout." - Comment from Tyler via Email
"Its working FABULOUSLY for me!! Holy cow...there has been so much I've been missing lately, and with this feed and Linnsoft software...I'm in the game now." - Comment from Chris R.
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: nto
About Contact
Last Post: Jul 13, 2016 03:28 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
nto has contributed to 14 posts out of 21191 total posts (0.07%) in 3,029 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » BD# latency on May, 24th Jul 13, 2016 03:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

I said 4000 seconds and I meant 4000 seconds haha! It surprised me too, it is really the only day I observed something like that. The data you sent us contained market updates from more than one hour (3600 seconds) earlier. Again, this is very strange and happened just on that day so we can just stop talking about it (except if that interests you, I have the logs of that day).

Since everything is in seconds, I do sometimes receive some level1 or level2 updates with dates from 2 minutes before. And after 6pm it becomes not so rare at all.

My program watching the symbols is not changing its behaviour after 6pm. It's keeping the connection open all day (all week) without changing its behaviour! So the data is always traveling from you (US) to us (EU).

IQFeed Developer Support » BD# latency on May, 24th Jul 13, 2016 12:15 PM (Total replies: 4)

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your answer.

Regarding May 24th, it may be a problem from our side, I need to investigate further. It's a complete outlier.

The server is in a data center in France, the provider (OVH) is the most important provider in France. I don't think there is any latency from our side.

If you look at the latency graphs for all days though, it looks like this latency happens on all days.

Please take a look: https://imgur.com/a/DchOn

I also added some box plots. Comparing to the 8am-6pm period which has a very decent latency with a median of 0.75 seconds, the 6pm-10pm period has a very high latency of almost 4 seconds.

Again, I don't think the datacenter the server is in could possibly increase the latency by 500% due to congestion!

Is something particular happening at 6pm everyday? I don't know what I am missing here :/

IQFeed Developer Support » BD# latency on May, 24th Jul 13, 2016 05:18 AM (Total replies: 4)

Hello,

I plotted statistics of the latency (time difference between the market updates time given by IQFeed and the reception time on our servers).

I have 2 questions resulting from 2 problems I observed:
  • It looks normal for all days except for May, 24th when something happened at around 9:30am (Paris time) as can be seen on this image: https://imgur.com/T5gHW4N . Latency went crazy, up to almost 4000 seconds of latency then it decreased linearly until coming back to normal. This may come from our servers but maybe you know about something that happened that day?
  • Most plot look like this: https://imgur.com/vghWRAU . It looks like latency becomes higher after 6pm (Paris time). Why is that?

Thank you for your answers

IQFeed Developer Support » No level 2 data on jun 6 and 7 Jun 11, 2016 02:04 AM (Total replies: 8)

Hello, anything new about this? :)

IQFeed Developer Support » No level 2 data on jun 6 and 7 Jun 9, 2016 04:31 AM (Total replies: 8)

Thanks Tim :)

IQFeed Developer Support » No level 2 data on jun 6 and 7 Jun 9, 2016 04:28 AM (Total replies: 8)

I was up and running over the weekend. However I always stop watching around 30 minutes after closing hour (22:30) and restart watching the day after around 30 minutes before the opening (7:30)

IQFeed Developer Support » No level 2 data on jun 6 and 7 Jun 9, 2016 04:09 AM (Total replies: 8)

I was indeed receiving level 1 data.
I logged all data I was receiving and can clearly see I have all level 1 but no level 2.

I'll email it to you :)

IQFeed Developer Support » No level 2 data on jun 6 and 7 Jun 9, 2016 03:51 AM (Total replies: 8)

I didn't receive any level 2 data on 6 and 7.

IQFeed Developer Support » day askv + bidv != day volume Apr 22, 2016 12:32 PM (Total replies: 3)

So does your answer imply that day ASK volume and day BID volume are computed based on outright transactions only, whereas day total volume includes spread trades and implied trades? If yes, does this also imply that spread trades do not appear on the tick-by-tick time&sales?

IQFeed Developer Support » day askv + bidv != day volume Apr 17, 2016 03:32 AM (Total replies: 3)

I have been counting the number of ASK and BID contracts exchanged on BD# on 15th of April and the sum doesn't match the total day volume.

day ASK volume : 221597
day BID volume : 229311
day total volume : 471145

Is it normal? Is IQFeed missing some trades?

IQFeed Developer Support » infer trade type Apr 7, 2016 11:03 AM (Total replies: 2)

Thanks Tim,

I just figured it out when I received your answer :)

That was obvious. I should have RTFM more

IQFeed Developer Support » infer trade type Apr 7, 2016 10:15 AM (Total replies: 2)

Q,BD#,164.28,5,10:51:59.384000,68,583012,164.28,104,164.29,201,164.00,164.39,163.82,163.90,C,01,
Q,BD#,164.28,5,10:51:59.384000,68,583012,164.28,80,164.29,205,164.00,164.39,163.82,163.90,ba,01,

How do you infer the trade type from this?

We see here that ask_size went from 201 to 205 and that bid_size went from 104 to 80 but nothing tells me with a 100% certainty whether the trade was an ask or a bid.

I know that Sierra Chart can figure it out with IQFeed data.

What is the algorithm I need to use to infer the trade type?

IQFeed Developer Support » 5.2.0.5 Beta fails instantly under Wine Jan 18, 2016 09:02 AM (Total replies: 21)

I spoke with Tim by email.

The fix has yet to be released.

IQFeed Developer Support » 5.2.0.5 Beta fails instantly under Wine Jan 18, 2016 03:08 AM (Total replies: 21)

Hi

I have the same problem

Did you manage to distribute a new build?

Where can I download the last version of the beta?

Time: Fri May 3, 2024 10:51 AM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003