Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"I "bracket trade" all major news releases and I have not found one lag or glitch with DTN.IQ feed. I am very comfortable with their feed under all typical news conditions (Fed releases, employment numbers, etc)." - Comment from Public Forum
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: manoa
About Contact
Last Post: Aug 18, 2015 10:06 PM
Interests:
Email: manoappapillai@gmail.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
manoa has contributed to 8 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.04%) in 3,325 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Windows 10 Driver Updates - Automatic Aug 18, 2015 10:06 PM (Total replies: 0)

If you are having problems with automatic Nvidia video card driver updates with Windows 10 like I have,
you may want to check the message below I received from Nvidia:

please visit the below link for instructions to turn off driver updates on Windows 10.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

unquote

Some video cards use WDDM 1.3 and others use WDDM 2.0; Windows 10 supports only one WDDM I am told.
If both types of cards are on your system only one set will work.

mano
San Jose, CA

Trading Tips, Tricks and Ideas » Complexity of U.S. Options Markets Jul 2, 2015 12:12 PM (Total replies: 0)

Getting ever more complex and difficult !

Complexity of U.S. Options Markets Requires Advanced Order Routing, TABB Reports

Traders Magazine Online News, June 29, 2015

John D'Antona Jr.

As the options market continues to grow in terms of trading volume and complexity, the ability to execute orders will get increasingly difficult and require the buyside to conduct more research and more advanced order routing strategies.

These are the findings of Tabb Group research, which in its latest report "Solving the Labyrinth: Smarter Access to U.S. Options Market Liquidity," also noted that advanced order routing technology is ciitical to supporting an expanding set of trading instruments, trading velocities and diverse exchange trading models.

Tabb wrote that with U.S. options market structure becoming more complex, options traders are facing four major challenges in their search for liquidity: the expanding number of exchanges, a diverse set of market models, an expanding array of options and accelerating trading velocity.

"Aadvanced order routing is seen as a key competitive differentiator for brokers with the ability to route to multiple exchanges with minimal latency, a necessity now for catering to institutional investors across the options markets," the market consultancy wrote.

Andy Nybo, TABB principal and head of derivatives research, examined in the report how the current 12 options exchanges, with two more expected by year's end, have created a complex market structure for traders looking to access liquidity and improve execution performance.

Managing the exponential increase in options data creates difficulty for analytical and execution processes, said Nybo. As the number of options series now exceeds 800,000 instruments.

"Peak message rates are approaching 10 million messages per second, putting massive strains on technology infrastructure at sell- and buy-side firms alike," he wrote. "The ability to analyze real-time data is important, but what these firms need is the ability to analyze historical tick data to refine execution strategies that contribute to improved returns."

The new report examines the effect of competition for order flow from the 12 exchanges, creating a hyper-competitive environment where exchanges tweak trading rules and protocols constantly to influence routing of order flow from market participants, driving market makers to invest significant resources to fine-tune their models and strategies.

"Market makers have by necessity become increasingly sophisticated in managing exposures," Nybo said. "They are using exchange-provided risk tools to manage quotes, as well as low-latency infrastructures, co-location and advanced analytics to better manage risk."

Furthermore, the market's complexity has also forced trading firms to dig deeply into the details of their trading activity to gain a better understanding of where orders are being routed and executed. As a result, Nybo added, trading firms are investing considerable resources in analytic capabilities to evaluate the impact of fee and liquidity parameters on performance. "Traders want the ability to understand routing logic within algorithms and at the same time understand the impact of fees associated with their executions."

IQFeed Developer Support » FIX Jun 19, 2015 12:06 PM (Total replies: 1)

It seems to me that this should be a high priority . . . . the need for standards for communicating.

FIX® has become the way the world trades. Virtually every major stock exchange and investment bank uses FIX for electronic trading, alongside the world's largest mutual funds, money managers and thousands of smaller investment firms. Leading futures exchanges offer FIX connections and major bond dealers either have or are implementing them. Identifying an exact number of users is impossible, as FIX is a free and open standard, but it is very clear that the world’s financial community now speaks FIX.

IQFeed Developer Support » Custom Symbols Jun 5, 2015 09:32 PM (Total replies: 1)

How can I create custom symbols in C# based on iqFeed data and have it available
in for eg : Ensign or other quote/drawing interfaces ?

Thanks

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed Developer Documentation Sample VB code Mar 16, 2015 12:55 PM (Total replies: 5)

Tim

Why not make both available, old and a more recent version not more than 3 yrs old ? why should developers to be held back by those who want to stay with very old software/maybe no one uses it . . . does not work in the real world :-)

See how many times customers download each and then make a decision to remove the clutter.

Ask Apple CEO Tim Cook . . how quickly Apple customers upgrade . . and why Microsoft is being dragged
down by support for legacy software . . . . Nadella is changing that.

Thank you.

mano
San Jose, CA

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed Developer Documentation Sample VB code Mar 15, 2015 09:44 AM (Total replies: 5)

More . . . while installing Developer.

Please clarify . . . .

Thank You
mano
San Jose, CA

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed Developer Documentation Sample VB code Mar 15, 2015 09:37 AM (Total replies: 5)

IQFeed Developer 5.1.0.5 Setup gives this incomplete and confusing message . . .

Please have the message tell me what version is installed and whether it is older or newer.
Older ? Followup action etc.

I did install the latest Client 5.1.1.3 from July 2014 ?

Help :-)

mano
San Jose, CA

IQFeed Developer Support » IQFeed Developer Documentation Sample VB code Mar 14, 2015 01:14 PM (Total replies: 5)

Hi

I am new to Developer . . . while reviewing the documentation I came across
sample code for VB that Microsoft's latest Visual Studio Community 2013 complained about.
See attached message.

Can we please have this documentation updated ?

Thank you in advance. .

mano
San Jose, CA
Formerly a very long time in technology with Citigroup in New York, NY/Global

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 9:51 PM CFBB v1.2.0 7 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003