Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: jonnyb
About Contact
Last Post: May 6, 2022 01:54 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
jonnyb has contributed to 122 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.58%) in 4,266 days (0.03 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » Connection Refused error May 6, 2022 01:54 PM (Total replies: 6)

I inserted this after the ProcessBuilder line and it seems to do the job. Perhaps, it's a slight improvement over simply pausing the thread. Maybe it'll help someone else in the future. Anyway, thanks for offering to look into to it further but not sure it's worthwhile investing more time (of course, that assumes the problem doesn't come back). Thanks again.

Socket sockAdmin = null;
int retryCounter = 0, threshold = 15;

while (retryCounter < threshold && sockAdmin == null)
{
try
{
retryCounter++;

// connect to the admin port (9300).
sockAdmin = new Socket(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"), 9300);
}
catch (ConnectException e)//host and port combination not valid
{
e.printStackTrace();

ThreadUtils.pause(2500);
}
}

IQFeed Developer Support » Connection Refused error May 2, 2022 08:28 AM (Total replies: 6)

Good morning, Gary.

I've had a chance to play around with this little and nothing gets returned for the netstat call on 9300. Given that and the fact that the issue goes away if I delay a few seconds after starting iqconnect.exe, it seems that the connection is getting refused because there's nothing at 9300 yet (until iqconnect.exe fully loads).

Can that be what's going on? If so, it's very odd that a timing issue would suddenly arise after years of running the same code. Also, the DTN samples are written without a thread delay, so seems unlikely that this behavior would be possible.

Anyhow, I do have a workaround, but I'd really like to understand the behavior of what's happening, if possible. Appreciate any further input.
Edited by jonnyb on May 2, 2022 at 08:30 AM

IQFeed Developer Support » Connection Refused error Apr 29, 2022 02:38 PM (Total replies: 6)

Thank you, Gary! I will work through this on Monday. The odd thing for me is that pausing the thread for a few seconds makes the issue go away...I'll have to be nimble with my command prompts.

IQFeed Developer Support » Connection Refused error Apr 29, 2022 09:46 AM (Total replies: 6)

Hello,

After using the same code to connect for many years, I'm suddenly having an issue with connecting to the socket admin port (connection refused socket exception). I can resolve the issue by pausing the thread for a few seconds, but I'm curious why this is now necessary. Appreciate any input on what might have changed. Here's the code below with some notes on what's different:

Process process = new ProcessBuilder("iqconnect.exe", "my login stuff").start();

ThreadUtils.pause(5000); //<-------------------------------THIS WAS NOT NECESSARY IN THE PAST

System.out.println("Verifying if IQConnect is connected to the server");

// verify everything is ready to send commands.
boolean bConnected = false;

// connect to the admin port (9300).
Socket sockAdmin = new Socket(InetAddress.getByName("localhost"), 9300);//<---------------------------CONNECTION REFUSED ERROR THROWN AT THIS LINE

BufferedReader bufreadAdmin = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(sockAdmin.getInputStream()));
BufferedWriter bufwriteAdmin = new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(sockAdmin.getOutputStream()));
String strAdminLine = "";

// loop while we are still connected to the admin port or until we are connected
while (((strAdminLine = bufreadAdmin.readLine()) != null) && !bConnected)
{
System.out.println(strAdminLine);

if (strAdminLine.indexOf(",Connected,") > -1)
{
System.out.println("IQConnect is connected to the server.");
bConnected = true;
}
else if (strAdminLine.indexOf(",Not Connected,") > -1)
{
System.out.println("IQConnect is Not Connected.\r\nSending connect command.");
bufwriteAdmin.write("S,CONNECT\r\n");
bufwriteAdmin.flush();
}
}

IQFeed Developer Support » 4/12/21 Data Outage Status Updates Apr 13, 2021 09:08 AM (Total replies: 31)

Mark / Stephen,

Appreciate the follow up here as well as the color as to what happened. That said, I have to echo the earlier sentiment that it would be A LOT more helpful if you guys abandoned chat/phone/email support as necessary to provide status updates early and often when system wide issues occur (an alert email would be ideal but really any sort of status report would be fine). That would go a long way in helping users manage these situations appropriately. Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » 4/12/21 Data Outage Status Updates Apr 12, 2021 09:07 AM (Total replies: 31)

I just spoke with Kevin on the technical support chat and was told that updates would be posted on the forum here. I didn't see an existing thread, so thought I would start one (please delete if I missed an existing thread).

Would appreciate updates from the staff on what is going on and when a fix is anticipated. Thank you.

IQFeed Developer Support » Benzinga earnings calendar May 30, 2019 08:16 AM (Total replies: 2)

Just following up...if anyone from DTN could let me know one way or the other I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments May 22, 2019 03:41 PM (Total replies: 41)

Thanks Stephen. Just shot you an email.

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments May 22, 2019 03:14 PM (Total replies: 41)

Any update on this? Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » Benzinga earnings calendar May 22, 2019 02:55 PM (Total replies: 2)

Hello, is there a an api call that allows access to the benzinga earnings calendar? Any other earnings calendar would be fine too. Thanks.

"We normally send emails for anything that will impact price, but all of these channels are good to have to ensure you are getting the most out of your IQFeed service."

Jay- was there a price increase in the annual API fee? Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » Questions on upgrading to protocol 6.0 Jun 21, 2018 07:28 PM (Total replies: 4)

If I update the iqfeed client to 6.0.0.4 and keep all of my existing code running on protocol 5.2 nothing should break, is that correct?

Curious why LabelAtBeginning became the default option for historical interval data? Seems like leaving LabelAtEnd as the default would have been less disruptive and prevented the need for digging through old code to add a field.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical data requests in 64-bit VBA Jun 10, 2018 07:36 PM (Total replies: 7)

I never did get around to this and now I've forgotten how to even begin. Is there an example somewhere showing VBA and historical data pulls? Thanks.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical options data May 22, 2018 01:46 PM (Total replies: 4)

Ok, figured it was trades only but thought I'd check. Thanks Tim.

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical options data May 22, 2018 01:44 PM (Total replies: 4)

Is the historical option data for trades or bid/ask?

Apologies and please disregard the above. Looks like you can subscribe to forums as well. Thanks Jay.

Thanks. So, the forum email subscriptions are topic specific only? I don't think that would deliver future price changes (e.g. a new topic posted for the 2019 new year).

Can you please post a link for the account management portal? I'm not getting any price change emails, so I must have something off in there.

(Also, I'm an old dude and stay as far away as possible from twitterbook)
Edited by jonnyb on Mar 14, 2018 at 01:36 PM
Edited by jonnyb on Mar 14, 2018 at 01:36 PM

Hello,

I've just noticed the addition of "Extended Fundamental Data" to my bill. My understanding is that this is for dividend data. A few questions:

1) Is this historical dividend data or forward looking? If historical, how far back does it go?

2) While on the topic of historical fundamental data, is there a way to pull historical shares outstanding (or market cap) from the API?

3) Is it possible to subscribe to emails to anything posted in the products announcements forum (or wherever price increases are announced)? I feel like I'm always the last to know

IQFeed Developer Support » EOD Historical Dividend Adjustments Dec 27, 2017 02:38 PM (Total replies: 41)

Wow, this thread is nearly four years old!?! I'll never understand why splits and divs weren't made available via two new API calls. They're coming soon anyway (presumably) and would allow the whiners (ME) to create daily bars from the intraday data and adjust however they see fit. It would shut some of us up at least!

IQFeed Developer Support » Historical OHLC bars for quotes (bid/ask)? May 1, 2017 10:13 AM (Total replies: 5)

That's great...didn't realize this was available. Thanks Tim

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 8:31 PM CFBB v1.2.0 8 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003