Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"The service is great, I see a noticeable improvement in my volume profiles over [broker]'s data feed" - Comment from Larry
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"You are either overstaffed or people just don't have problems with your feed because customer support always answers the phone quickly." - Comment from Jay via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: DTN_Steve_G
About Contact
Last Post: Oct 28, 2004 08:34 AM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
DTN_Steve_G has contributed to 28 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.13%) in 7,142 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Support » no 'ask' update message on port 9100 Oct 28, 2004 08:34 AM (Total replies: 5)

Dennis,

Correcto!

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » no 'ask' update message on port 9100 Oct 27, 2004 03:34 PM (Total replies: 5)

andrzejs,

I checked with our staff on this. Ready?

When an ask only occurs, an "a" trade time type will be used. When a bid only occurs, or when both a bid and an ask occurs, a "b" trade time type will be used.

You will not see any "a" trade time type for equities, since all equity quotes have both a bid and an ask on them. Only commodities will have "a" trade time types, when only an ask occurs.

The two symbols (SUNW and SSRI), which you were watching, are equities. SOOO, you will see everything reported on a "b" trade time type.

I hope that is a little bit clearer than mud (joke!).

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » DTN Data Feed API Oct 27, 2004 02:16 PM (Total replies: 13)

skunk,

Could you report it to me one last time. I WILL look into it, and correct it (if its found to be a discrepancy).

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

Dennis,

The reported issue of the character string "U,F|" occasionally appearing in streaming data has been logged in our IQFeed API Bug Database as item #2750. You can monitor its status by going out to the IQFeed Developer website and selecting the menu item "View Current IQFeed API Bug Database.

Our software support team will need to investigate it to see if they can replicate its occurence, prior to resolving it. No estimated resolution time has been set.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » DTN Data Feed API Oct 27, 2004 08:55 AM (Total replies: 13)

If anyone sees discrepencies between our API documentation and our software (such as the wrong references noted here), please let us know the specifics. Then we can confirm the discrepency and correct it. We want our documentation to be as accurate as possible.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Data time saving Oct 26, 2004 04:20 PM (Total replies: 5)

frankzhou,

Your right. That does seems strange.
I'll consult with our software engineering staff and see if I can get an explanation.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » DTN Data Feed API Oct 26, 2004 02:53 PM (Total replies: 13)

tradedyn,

The IQFeed site provides you several downloadable examples for you to execute and exam source code to see how the APIs are used in several languages. Also, ample technical details about the APIs and their functionality. Lastly, if you have any development questions, we provide three different channels for developer support.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » DTN Data Feed API Oct 26, 2004 01:52 PM (Total replies: 13)

tradedyn,

There is not a best practices document for developing IQFeed in J2EE. We do have a Java Example with source code available to see how one would access our APIs through Java.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Data time saving Oct 26, 2004 01:07 PM (Total replies: 5)

frankzhou,

If you execute the VB Example for History COM Client, and use the MSFT and/or IBM symbols with 5 minute intervals, you will see that both yesterday and todays market quotes start at 9:35am EST.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Data time saving Oct 26, 2004 08:53 AM (Total replies: 5)

frankzhou,

All the times in our data feeds are EST. Also, Daylight Savings Time starts next Sunday (10/31) in the USA.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Garbage data on port 9100 ?!? Oct 25, 2004 08:46 AM (Total replies: 9)

Dierk,

Are you referring to the sample code that frankzhou provided within another forum discussion thread ("IQLinkLauncher error report")? If so, it has been sent to our software engineering staff. We'll publish an update on what they find as soon as I get the results.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Garbage data on port 9100 ?!? Oct 22, 2004 02:39 PM (Total replies: 9)

Dierk,

I'm not sure what caused this problem. I'll forward it on to the software engineering staff to investigate.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Inconsistency on 1 minute historical data. Oct 22, 2004 01:53 PM (Total replies: 7)

Notice: The data from this incident have been corrected.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Marker Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Inconsistency on 1 minute historical data. Oct 22, 2004 01:44 PM (Total replies: 7)

Dierk,

No. I'm just saying, based on the timing of the incident report, we will have a better chance to analysis the issue, so we can determine its root cause, and at the appropriate time, implement a permanent fix.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Inconsistency on 1 minute historical data. Oct 22, 2004 01:17 PM (Total replies: 7)

Dierk,

Let me rephrase my previous response:

The discrepancy you found needs to be discovered and reported before Midnight (New York time) on the trading day in question. This is because some of the detail data we need to analysis gets consolidated and deleted at that time.

The trades you were reporting occured 10/18, but we got your email posting on 10/21. So the data we need to analysis is no longer there.

I hope this clarified my previous response.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

Dennis,

Thank you for the analysis. I will forward this on to our software engineering staff who are already investigating the "U,F|" issue.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » IQLinkLauncher error report Oct 22, 2004 08:55 AM (Total replies: 2)

frankzhou,

Before sending this on to our Software Engineering staff, is there a question here?

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » Inconsistency on 1 minute historical data. Oct 22, 2004 08:34 AM (Total replies: 7)

Dierk,

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, this information gets archived the evening following its creation, so we have lost our ability to research this particular incident.

We do not dispute your analysis. However, the next time you see this, it would be very helpful if you can be report it immediately. Then we can investigate it that day with all suspect data present.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » frequent timely disconnect Oct 21, 2004 10:04 AM (Total replies: 9)

dhakme,

We aren't sure why this fixes the problem most of the time, but not always. We discovered this internally by accident.

As for your small problem with the HP: Give it a try and let us know what happens.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

IQFeed Developer Support » frequent timely disconnect Oct 20, 2004 02:38 PM (Total replies: 9)

andrzejs,

OK, I think we have something here. I'm told we have seen a frequent problem with Dell's using an integrated network card. If this is the card that came with the Dell, then it's probably an integrated network card. Try another network card type and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

Steve Grunberg
IQFeed Developer Support
DTN Market Access

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 6:03 AM CFBB v1.2.0 12 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003