Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"I've never had DTN go out on me since switching. ******* would go down a couple times every month when I was using them." - Comment from Bryce in AL.
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"I'm satisfied with IQFeed. It's the most reliable and fastest quote feed I have ever used. Although I'm a resident in China, it's still very fast!" - Comment from Xiaofei
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: Tochner
About Contact
Last Post: Nov 17, 2008 12:22 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
Tochner has contributed to 7 posts out of 21194 total posts (0.03%) in 7,191 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Thank Jim, I actually started out with that page....

The thing is the callback method works fine in shell, but not in a .NET 3.5 WPF window...

Are you getting the callbacks in a WinForms window or a WPF one?

Anybody managed getting it in a WPF window?

Hi,

My C# TCP/IP data adapter can and does call the callback function I define using the SetCallbackFunction but only when I run it from the command line; it never gets called when I run it from inside a window.

The documentation states the following:

"You now need to provide a way to receive the status of IQFeed. This can be done in one of two ways:

* WM_MOUSEMOVE = In your program, construct a window, and define WM_MOUSEMOVE event handler for the window.
Or
* CallbackFunction = Use this method for applications which do not have a window with a window message pump. "

Using WM_MOUSEMOVE is not an option for me, since I am using WPF and my IQFeed adapter doesn't have a window anyway...

Question: Should the registered callback function still be called when I am running my data adapter in a window? (Which would mean I have a bug) or is it not available when running in a window? (Which would mean only WM_MOUSEMOVE is available.. which isn't a good option for me).

Thanks, will do.

Thanks Steve,
Can you clearify, do I need to repeat Step 2 for each connection or can I just open new connections and issue requests (W or R) without sending the S,KEY,#####<LF> key for each one?

Simply send the S,KEY,#####<LF> one time, and then open more new connections without sending it.

I want to fetch Level1 data using several different threads via TCP/IP.

I understand I must first follow documentation Step 1: "Logging into IQFeed".

I was wondering how I should continue to follow documentation Step 2: "Connecting to IQConnect for TCP/IP" .

Two options:
1. Follow Step 2 one time in my parent process and then launch my threads and have each one of them open a TCP/IP connection to the correct port (5009); simply have each thread make its requests without repeating Step 2?

2. Ignore Step 2 in the parent process but follow Step 2 in each thread for each new connection.

(I am using C# for this).

IQFeed Developer Support » Intraday data retrieval problem Sep 8, 2004 10:53 AM (Total replies: 4)

I am now

Thanks.
(It works when symbols are in uppercase).

IQFeed Developer Support » Intraday data retrieval problem Sep 8, 2004 08:08 AM (Total replies: 4)

I am also getting these error messages.
I tried installing both versions of the latest client and developer packages. (BETA and non BETA) on two computers.

I am able to connect to the IQFeed service (I am a new user) and get End Of Day historical data using all the different examples, yet I am unable to get historical Ticks and Intraday using any days parameter and using symbols such as: gm, ge, dell and msft. (for which I can get EOD, Weekly, Monthly data).

I am using the VC++ compiled example and the VB compiled example (COM / Tick and 5 MInute data), all of which give out the error message: "History data currently unavailable".

Thanks.
Edited by Tochner on Sep 8, 2004 at 08:09 AM

Time: Thu May 16, 2024 2:00 AM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003