Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"The people at Nirvana have very nice things to say about your company and I can see why! Price and service is a potent combination." - Comment from Ed
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: CBrauer
About Contact
Last Post: Jan 11, 2018 10:38 AM
Interests: .Net, C#, Web Services
Email: CBrauer@CypressPoint.com
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
CBrauer has contributed to 32 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.15%) in 7,185 days (0.00 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:

Come join our HedgeTools Consortium, hosted at GitHub. Share your ideas,
and benefit from ideas of others, on how to apply Machine Learning to stock market patterns.
Please visit: https://igg.me/at/HedgeTools

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » Amount of HIT history data Mar 31, 2015 11:55 AM (Total replies: 5)

Hi,

How many days in the past can I download history data in the HIT format?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » Cannot turn on Client Status messages Jun 18, 2014 02:31 PM (Total replies: 1)

I'm having difficulty in activating Client Status messages. I send "S,CLIENTSTATSON" and nothing happens. I also tried sending "S,CLIENTSTATS ON". No luck.

I did this after sending "S,NEWSON" and this works. I get News articles, so I know something works.

Is there something else I need to do to get Client Status messages?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » KB Queued amount Jun 10, 2014 11:44 AM (Total replies: 3)

Hi Tim,

Does “Number of KB queued by IQConnect waiting to be delivered to the client.” mean that I need a faster network, or does it mean that I need a faster machine to process the trades from the IQFeed client?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Datafeed Wish List » KB Queued amount Jun 10, 2014 09:37 AM (Total replies: 3)

Please add an API call to the Connection Manager (Client Stats) to return the KB Queued amount. We need to know if our processing is delayed.

Thanks
Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » Connection Manager queue size Jun 6, 2014 10:46 AM (Total replies: 1)

When I compare my watch prices with those reported by StreetSmartEdge, and I realize that my trades are behind that of StreetSmartEdge. My processing must be falling behind.

Is there any way to ask the Connection Manager if my watch feed is delayed (trades are queued up for delivery), and if so, how big is the queue?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

DTN.IQ Client Software Support » Why both Update and Summary messages? Feb 7, 2013 02:15 PM (Total replies: 1)

Hey,

I'm confused by the need to have both Update (Q) and Summary (P) messages.

Since they both have the same format:

1. why two records for the same information?
2. are they used differently? If so... how?

Thanks in advance.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » Confused about TRIN symbols Oct 4, 2010 12:45 PM (Total replies: 3)

What's the alias for RI6T.Z?
Why isn't this shown on the INDICES web page?

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » Confused about TRIN symbols Oct 4, 2010 12:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

I’m interested in various symbols for TRIN indexes.

If I used your web-site “IQFeed.net Market Indices Symbols”, I see:
NASDAQ TRIN has symbol: NASTRIN.Z and NYSE TRIN has symbol: TRIN.Z.
There is no listing for the Russell 2000 or S&P TRIN shown on this web page.

However, if I do a Symbol Lookup on your web site, looking of the occurrence of TRIN in the name, I get:
RIQT.Z for the NASDAQ TRIN and
RINT.Z for the NYSE TRIN and
RI6T.Z for the S&P TRIN.

What’s the difference between TRIN.Z and RINT.Z and NASTRIN.Z and RIQT.Z?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

Data and Content Support » Why is SPX.XO delayed? Sep 28, 2010 09:01 AM (Total replies: 1)

Hey,

In my Watch program all my symbols receive data right at the Open… with the exception of SPX.XO. SPX.XO starts showing data after 20 minutes. Why is SPX.XO delayed? Am I using the wrong symbol for the S&P 500 Index? Is anyone else seeing this?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

Data and Content Support » Bad Fundamental data? Apr 9, 2010 01:59 PM (Total replies: 2)

Howdy,

I have been looking at EPS in your Fundamental Message Format.
In particular Field 20: Current Year EPS, and Field 21: Next Year EPS.

When I compare your data for symbol GMXR I get a very strange result.

Your Current EPS: -9.17, Next EPS: 0.44
Microsoft Money: Qtr(3/10): 0.05, FY(12/10): 0.46
Yahoo Finance: Ave/ Est(3/10): 0.05, Ave. Est(12/10): 0.49

Where did you guys get a Current EPS of -9.17 from?

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

Edited by CBrauer on Apr 9, 2010 at 02:04 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » We don't need RegisterClientApp anymore Feb 15, 2010 11:20 AM (Total replies: 2)

I'm aware that my example code does not launch the feed. I do that elsewhere. You said that IQ32.dll is depreciated. In the past I did:

[DllImport("C:\\Program Files\\DTN\\IQFeed\\IQ32.dll")]
public static extern int RegisterClientApp(
IntPtr hClient,
string szProductName,
string szProductKey,
string szProductVersion);

and I used RegisterClientApp. As I mentioned before, if IQ32.dll is no longer available (in future releases), and if you say that we still need to do RegisterClientApp, then how do we do that.

Some sample code would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » We don't need RegisterClientApp anymore Feb 13, 2010 06:11 PM (Total replies: 2)

In the last email announcing the new release it said that IQ32.dll was depreciated and would eventually be removed. I thought to myself "If that's so, how do we do RegisterClientApp?" The answer is we don't. It is not needed anymore.

Here is a console application built with Visual Studio 2008. It is in C#:

using System;
using System.IO;
using System.Net.Sockets;

namespace Fundamentals {
class Fundamentals {
StreamReader streamReader;
NetworkStream IQStream;
TcpClient socket;

private void Run() {
Int32 portNumber = 5009;
try {
socket = new TcpClient("localhost", portNumber);
Console.WriteLine("socket has been initialized.");
} catch (Exception ex) {
Console.WriteLine("Error: " + ex.Message);
return;
}

DownloadFundamentals("IBM");
Console.WriteLine("Done.");
}

private void DownloadFundamentals(string sSymbol) {
try {
IQStream = socket.GetStream();
streamReader = new StreamReader(IQStream);

string quoteString = "w" + sSymbol + "\n\r";
byte[] outputBuffer = System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(quoteString);
socket.GetStream().Write(outputBuffer, 0, outputBuffer.Length);
socket.GetStream().Flush();

string data = streamReader.ReadLine();
while (data.IndexOf("!ENDMSG!") < 0) {
if (data.Length > 0) {
if (data.IndexOf("..SYNTAX_ERROR..") < 0) {
if (data[0] == 'F') {
Console.WriteLine("Data: " + data);
return;
}
} else {
Console.WriteLine("Error: " + data);
}
}
data = streamReader.ReadLine();
}
return;
} catch (IOException ex) {
Console.WriteLine("DownloadFundamentals error: " + ex.Message);
}
return;
}

static void Main(string[] args) {
Fundamentals go = new Fundamentals();
go.Run();
Console.ReadKey();
}
}
}

I hope this helps.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » Connection via Socket Feb 13, 2010 02:41 PM (Total replies: 3)

Please also send me your C# example.
Thanks in advance.

Charle

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » No Tic data after the market close Mar 29, 2007 01:49 PM (Total replies: 12)

I just wanted to point out that it is 11:47 California time and your Technical Chat icon on your web page says that the Chat Live Support is unavailable. You said that this server was up until 6:00 CST. Not true.

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » No Tic data after the market close Mar 29, 2007 01:11 PM (Total replies: 12)

You asked: "Were you making historical tick requests or historical minute requests? or both?
"

I'm asking for "HM" data. My request string is:

string quoteSymbol = "IBM";
string days = "1";
interval = "1";
string quoteString = "HM" + "," + quoteSymbol + "," + days + "," + interval + ";";

I'm in Callifornia. The market closes at 1:00 PM. My attempt to use Technical Chat was at 1:30 PM California time yesterday. The chat was closed with a message that I should use email.

All symbols are equities. I'm getting "HM" data now (11:00 AM). This same program is used after the market closes (1:00 PM) and all I could get was 0 data.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » No Tic data after the market close Mar 29, 2007 09:39 AM (Total replies: 12)

At the market close, the IQFeed client reported an error and connection was dropped.
I tried several times throught the afternoon and evening, but I could not download any tic data (one-minute summary data) for over 2100 symbols. IBM was one of these symbols.
I use the same symbol list during the trading day and it worked fine. But after the close, it did not work. No Tic data download was possible.

I did not notice the server IP address.

On another matter, your Technical Chat shut down right after the market close and I could not talk with anyone. If the Tic server shuts down again after the market today, is there a phone number I can call. Your technical supprt email doesn't get answered until the next day, so that is too late to see the problem.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » No Tic data after the market close Mar 29, 2007 09:07 AM (Total replies: 12)

Yesterday, after the market close, no tic data download was possible. I got 0 data for all securities.

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

IQFeed Developer Support » No Tic data after the market close Mar 28, 2007 11:01 PM (Total replies: 12)

Is it your plan to no longer offer Tic data after the market is closed?

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

Clearly DTN cannot abandon their current API. A new Publish and Subscribe system would have to be developed in parallel with the existing one.

A Publish and Subscribe system guarantees the delivery of the data. No data is lost.

This solves the problem of a noisy, unreliable internet delivery system that has not implemented the concept of "Quality of Service".

Take a look a www.Streambase.com and www.Tibco.com.

This thread is afterall just a Wish List...

Charles

Charles Brauer
CBrauer@CypressPoint.com

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 6:59 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003