Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"Just a quick one to say I'm very impressed so far :) The documentation for developers is excellent and I've quickly managed to get an app written to do historical downloads. The system is very robust and pretty quick considering the extent of data that's available. The support guys have been very helpful too, in combination with the forums it's been plain sailing so far!" - Comment from Adam
"It’s so nice to be working with real professionals!" - Comment from Len
"I cannot believe what a difference it makes trading with ProphetX!" - Comment from Bruce in Los Angeles
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"Awesome response, as usual. It is a sincere and refreshing pleasure to do business with DTN, compared to your competition." - Comment from Ryan
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
Viewing User Profile for: BlackSheep
About Contact
Last Post: May 5, 2018 06:06 PM
Interests:
AIM:
Yahoo IM:
Post Statistics
BlackSheep has contributed to 17 posts out of 21185 total posts (0.08%) in 2,768 days (0.01 posts per day).

20 Most recent posts:
IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks May 5, 2018 06:06 PM (Total replies: 26)

Has this exchange correction problem been solved and is the patch live?

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Apr 9, 2018 08:25 AM (Total replies: 26)

No problem. Thanks for making the change in the first place.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Apr 6, 2018 09:01 PM (Total replies: 26)

Is the patch still live? I am seeing a sold out of sequence tick on a bar on GE on 3/29/2018

cc07452d-c1b5-40d7-853f-072b94c6b13f,2018-03-29 15:00:51.000000,15.4450,100,0,0.0000,0.0000,1146304591,C,5,19,

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Mar 20, 2018 11:02 AM (Total replies: 26)

I understand now. I would imagine that most users that want historical bar data would want it for backtesting and thus the change makes sense. Please keep me updated on what is decided on.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Mar 20, 2018 10:04 AM (Total replies: 26)

Oh, in message 13 I asked if it would effect historical bars and in 14 you said it would.
>I see, will the change effect historical bars also?
>Yes, it will be an O trade throughout the system.

I truly believe that for backtesting purposes the historical bar data should not include these tick since they will not trigger a realized trade.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Mar 19, 2018 03:33 PM (Total replies: 26)

Did the update go out this weekend? I still see Sold out of Sequence ticks in historical bar data.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Mar 14, 2018 06:46 PM (Total replies: 26)

Do you have any updates on this?
I had a stock (MU) that came through today on streaming bars with a sold out of sequence tick so I assume it hasn't been implemented yet.

2eface9e-284b-41a8-9079-3de152ff21d5,2018-03-14 09:34:12.634561,60.6900,2000,5749398,58.0300,58.0700,4687,E,19,3A,
3A -> 58,FORTMTSOLDOSEQ,Form-T Sold Out of Sequence,

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 25, 2018 08:54 PM (Total replies: 26)

I see, just to be clear, all sold out of sequence trade conditions will be marked as O (25, 49, 58) and thus no longer show up in streaming and historical bars?

Do you have a timeframe on when the change will go live and what is the best way for me to know when the change is live?

Lastly, I am very impressed with the support you guys have given me. You have a great product also.
Thank you for your attention with this matter.
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 25, 2018 at 08:54 PM

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 25, 2018 08:02 PM (Total replies: 26)

I see, will the change effect historical bars also?

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 25, 2018 07:55 PM (Total replies: 26)

Isn't 58 a Form-T trade and a E trade?
58,FORTMTSOLDOSEQ,Form-T Sold Out of Sequence,

http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/HistoricalviaTCPIP.cfm
E - Extended Trade = Form T trade.
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 25, 2018 at 08:01 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » All ticks Historical data requests seldom work Feb 25, 2018 09:19 AM (Total replies: 9)

Did you ever figure this out?

I am having a similar problem. I am unable to request HTT data from before October 2017. Data after then works fine.
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 25, 2018 at 07:57 PM

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 24, 2018 05:32 PM (Total replies: 26)

After spending some more time looking at the data, I believe I actually do need the O (and possibly E) trades and need more than the C DTN trade conditions.

I looked at the hex codes from the STC command and all my problem ticks are of type "Sold Out Of Sequence"
25,SOLDOSEQ,Sold Out of Sequence,
49,STPD_SOLDOSEQ,Stopped Stock - Sold out of sequence,
58,FORTMTSOLDOSEQ,Form-T Sold Out of Sequence,

If I had to guess, the inconsistency between IB's data and DTN's data is IB filters out the "Sold Out Of Sequence" ticks since it is a broker and is going to be executing trades and the "sold out of sequence" ticks give a improper picture of the current market. I opened a support ticket with IB to see if that is the case.

So essentially, I would want the requested bars from the streaming/historical bar service to not include the above sold out of sequence ticks.

Sorry, if you had already started the other solution. I have created a solution for historical bars but I am more concerned about streaming bars. Will streaming bars also include "Sold Out Of Sequence" ticks?
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 24, 2018 at 05:37 PM
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 24, 2018 at 05:39 PM
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 24, 2018 at 05:45 PM
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 24, 2018 at 06:15 PM
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 24, 2018 at 06:16 PM

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 24, 2018 06:48 AM (Total replies: 26)

I understand.
8 calendar days would be enough for me.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 24, 2018 06:24 AM (Total replies: 26)

Thank you for your reply.

I was not aware you made the trade conditions available. I have built a tick to bar converter that excludes the E, O and S DTN bucket trade condition types. Since I am pulling much more data now, the process is much slower.

If you do add the filter trade conditions on historical bars, just giving me the ability to only include C trade conditions would be enough for me.

Carson
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 24, 2018 at 06:44 AM

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 21, 2018 09:05 PM (Total replies: 26)

For comparison, here is IB's historical data. No such tick is registered and would not trigger a stop loss/limit order.

IQFeed Developer Wish List » Ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks Feb 21, 2018 07:02 PM (Total replies: 26)

Hi All,

One feature I would very much like to see is the ability to ignore OddLot/SoldOutOfSequence ticks. For back testing on historical data, you will sometimes get a high/low that it insanely high. While not "bad ticks", these really mess up TA indicators and unlikely to trigger a stop loss order/etc.

It would be nice to have a flag on historical data request and streaming bars to ignore these ticks. Below is a picture of a oddlot tick before IQFeed removed it from their database per my inquiry.

A "fix" I devised was looking for large percentage changes +/- 13% on legs and trimming them. However, it has come to my attention that a number of smaller but still significant oddlot ticks are below that threshold and the "fix" doesn't work that well.

Sincerely,
Carson Flint
Edited by BlackSheep on Feb 21, 2018 at 07:03 PM

IQFeed Developer Support » API Fee? Sep 22, 2016 08:27 PM (Total replies: 3)

Hi,

I will likely be transitioning to IQFeed.

However, I would like clarification on all the fees. After going through the pricing questions my total with the start up fee was $137.00.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a yearly $300 fee for API access.

Is this still the case?

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 8:32 AM CFBB v1.2.0 6 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003