Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
"Thanks for following up with me. You guys do a great job in tech support." - Comment from Phelps
"You have an excellent product !!!!!!" - Comment from Arely
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I would just like to say that IQFeed version 4 is running very well and I am very happy with its performance. I would also like to extend a big thanks for the fast and efficient help that I always receive. My questions and concerns are always addressed promptly. Way to go!" - Comment from Josh in CO.
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »NEW IQFEED FORUMS »IQFeed API Questions »Exchange ID vs Listed Market
Author Topic: Exchange ID vs Listed Market (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 11:13 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
What's the difference between Exchange ID vs Listed Market in the Fundamental msg?

Please document the difference better here:
http://www.iqfeed.net/dev/api/docs/Level1FundamentalMessage.cfm

andrewm
-Interested User-

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 11:23 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
Looks like the ListedMarkets ("SLM") reply has been expanded to include group ID info since I last looked ages ago. I guess that's what's being used here. Right?

DTN_Gary_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 09:21 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Andrew,

I am investigating this now.

In the meantime, I can tell you that yes, the GroupID was added to the SLM response between protocols 5.1 and 5.2. It hasn't changed since then.

Sincerely,
Gary Stephen
DTN IQFeed API Support

Sincerely,
Gary Stephen

DTN_Gary_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 01:50 PM          Msg. 4 of 4
Andrew,

Quote: What's the difference between Exchange ID vs Listed Market in the Fundamental msg?

One is more specific than the other.

Recently, the exchanges started splitting into what can best be described as sub-exchanges. For example, what we think of as NASDAQ technically consists of several different exchanges: NCM (NASDAQ Capital Market), NGM (NASDAQ Global Market), and NGSM (NASDAQ Global Select Market), and others such as OTC and OTCBB.

In the F message, ExchangeID stores the broader group code (NASDAQ). Listed Market stores the more specific exchange code (NGSM). For example, the F message for MSFT would indicate 5 (NASDAQ) for Exchange ID and 21 (NGSM) for Listed Market. An NGM commodity would have 5 and 1, respectively.

The SLM command, as you noted, returns all the Listed Markets, and the exchange ID to which they belong:

1,NGM,Nasdaq Global Market,5,NASDAQ,
2,NCM,National Capital Market,5,NASDAQ,
3,OTC,Nasdaq other OTC,5,NASDAQ,
4,OTCBB,Nasdaq OTC Bulletin Board,5,NASDAQ,
5,NASDAQ,Nasdaq,5,NASDAQ,
6,NYSE_AMERICAN,NYSE American (Equities and Bonds),6,NYSE_AMERICAN,
7,NYSE,New York Stock Exchange,7,NYSE,
8,CHX,Chicago Stock Exchange,0,NONE,

Listed Markets 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all part of Exchange ID 5. (An exchange can be part of itself.) In some cases there is no group ID, in which case that field will return 0.

The documentation seems to use the terms "Exchange ID", "Exchange Group", and "Group ID" interchangeably. They all mean the same thing: the broader definition of the exchange. We intend to edit this to make it more clear, and to explain the relationship between these terms and Listed Market.

Both the ExchangeID and Listed Market fields say "use the Listed Markets lookup to decode this value." This is correct; the list you get with SLM command consists of both.

Please note that you must specify Protocol 5.2 or later to see the exchange IDs with the SLM command. On 5.1 or the API default of 4.9, they will not be there.

Let me know if you still have any questions on this! I'll post in this thread if there are any related updates on this.

Sincerely,
Gary Stephen

Time: Thu April 25, 2024 8:40 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003