Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I had always used ******* but for the past 2 weeks have been trying DTN IQFeed. Customer support has been extraordinary. They call just to make sure your problem hasn't recurred." - Comment from Public Forum
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I use IQ Feed, Great stuff as far as data analysis information, storage and retrieval is concerned." - Comment from Public Forum
"Thanks for all of your help. Great customer service deserves to be recognized which one the reasons I've been a customer of DTN for over 10 years!" - Comment from Stuart
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Could not connect to History socket / Could not connect to News socket
Author Topic: Could not connect to History socket / Could not connect to News socket (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 04:01 PM          Msg. 1 of 9
With the new version of IqFeed, I'm now getting these errors about every one in ten history requests.

Update: re-starting the client and turning on logging seems to have stopped the problem...sigh.

Edited by Craig on Mar 20, 2019 at 04:02 PM
Edited by Craig on Mar 20, 2019 at 04:44 PM

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 03:57 PM          Msg. 2 of 9
Happened again today. Logging was on this time.
Stop the client, then try again...and everything is fine.

Also, when is anybody going to get around to fixing the news display application.
Every time I click a news item all I get is "page cannot be displayed" in the bottom panel.

File Attached: log1.txt (downloaded 1373 times)

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 06:30 PM          Msg. 3 of 9
Quote: Also, when is anybody going to get around to fixing the news display application.
Every time I click a news item all I get is "page cannot be displayed" in the bottom panel.

Dunno, if you are running in Wine, then the following may fix for you:

http://blog.raymond.burkholder.net/index.php?/archives/747-DTNIQFeed-Gecko-Problem-in-Wine-from-WineHQ.html

But I am running v6.0.0.5, which might act differently.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 08:05 PM          Msg. 4 of 9
Thanks for the tip, I'm not running WINE unfortunately.
I've observed the same behavior on Windows 10 & 7 running 6.0.0.5 and the previous version.

Sidav
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 09:14 PM          Msg. 5 of 9
Yep, I'm experiencing the same thing, but I suspect something changed on the server side. I started experiencing this on the last 5.xx version so I upgraded to 6.xx but it is the same.

stargrazer
-DTN Guru-

Right Here & Now

Posted: Mar 22, 2019 10:09 PM          Msg. 6 of 9
If it is the server side, can you telnet to the news port and see headlines and articles?

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 01:36 PM          Msg. 7 of 9
Sorry, I missed your reply.
I can see the headlines etc. via the socket, that is unless I get the error in the title of the thread.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 26, 2019 02:31 PM          Msg. 8 of 9
Sorry I'm late to this thread.

I'm looking into this but I really don't see anything yet that would indicate this is anything other than general internet congestion causing problems. This could explain why restarting (and potentially getting assigned a different server farm) is having an effect.

Can you guys enable Request and Error logging levels and make sure you save off the log before restarting the feed (it overwrites on startup) next time you see this behavior? Feel free to post logs here in this thread or email them to dev support. I'd like to start tracking this to see if some sort of pattern becomes evident.

Craig
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 07:23 PM          Msg. 9 of 9
Here is one from today.
A HIT request for CVBF. The problem seems to persist even after restarts now.

Is there somewhere I can download the previous version for the meantime?
Edited by Craig on Mar 27, 2019 at 07:37 PM

File Attached: log2.txt (downloaded 1383 times)

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 8:12 PM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003