Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"If you are serious about your trading I would not rely on IB data for serious daytrading. Took me a while to justify the cost of IQ Feed and in the end, it's just a 2 point stop on ES. Better safe than sorry" - Comment from Public Forum
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"After all the anxiety I had with my previous data provider it is a relief not to have to worry about data speed and integrity." - Comment from Eamonn
"I will tell others who want to go into trading that DTN ProphetX is an invaluable tool, I don't think anyone can trade without it..." - Comment from Luther
"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"I have been using IQFeed now for a few years in MultiCharts and I have zero complaints. Very, very rare to have any data hiccups or anything at all go wrong." - Comment from Public Forum
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"As a past ******* customer(and not a happy one), IQ Feed by DTN is a much better and cheaper product with great customer support. I have had no problems at all since switching over." - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN has never given me problems. It is incredibly stable. In fact I've occasionally lost the data feed from Interactive Brokers, but still been able to trade because I'm getting good data from DTN." - Comment from Leighton
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »As of 3/14 some market symbols are "invalid"
Author Topic: As of 3/14 some market symbols are "invalid" (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 09:09 AM          Msg. 1 of 7
On March 14 all of a sudden I'm getting a lot of "Invalid symbol" errors. For example pulling history for "APPS" returns invalid symbol even though it's not. I'm not sure if they're all NASDAQ but many of them seem to be.

Maybe I need to update my IQFeed client because I think I'm out of date or maybe my machine has been corrupted.

I'm looking in to the issue on my side but figured I would post to ask if something changed.

DTN_Stephen
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 10:02 AM          Msg. 2 of 7
I ran a check on our history for APPS and do not see any issues.

Please feel free to contact us at support@iqfeed.net or join us in chat from www.iqfeed.net with your Login information so that we can research your account.

Stephen Shockey
Customer Support Representative

DTN
800-779-7299
stephen.shockey@dtn.com

9110 W Dodge Rd
Omaha NE 68114, USA
www.dtn.com

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 04:09 PM          Msg. 3 of 7
Thanks for checking. Seems to be working fine now during the day but I just updated from 6.0.0.5 to 6.0.1.1 so I'll see how that goes tonight too.

Looking at version 6.0.1.1 I see: Added support for 64bit (8+ decimals) precision prices in streaming (Level 1) data and History data (as soon as the history servers support rolls out).

Any chance the history servers updated to this new 64bit precision on March 14?

Just trying to figure out what happened. I'll keep testing to make sure the problem is not on my side.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 07:47 AM          Msg. 4 of 7
No, the history servers were updated quite a while ago (at least a couple weeks before that). I'll get the release notes updated to indicate that has been completed.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 07:53 AM          Msg. 5 of 7
I just realized something not-quite right here.

A long while back (at least a year or two), the history servers stopped sending the Invalid Symbol error code so there is no way you should have been getting that specific error. Are you certain this is the case? If so, please let me know your loginID so I can look at the server logs. Feel free to send it to me in a PM or an email to dev support.

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 08:04 AM          Msg. 6 of 7
OK, another update. After searching through the server logs a bit, it appears that this error has been re-implemented for obviously bad symbols (stuff not allowed by our symbology).

However, with that said. There were only 13 requests total on March 14th that returned this error and none of them were for valid symbols.

programmer
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 21, 2019 08:12 AM          Msg. 7 of 7
After digging in to it, that error is actually one of my internal errors and kind of generic (ie. it can be caused by a number of things). I'm not sure what the IQ client is returning but I am running the latest now 6.0.1.1.

I'm still investigating this. I have a lot of things I need to upgrade including the OS. I managed to get some history pulls yesterday without errors so it obviously CAN work. I'm thinking the problem is probably on my side. Though I'm not sure why this started all of a sudden. Anyway, I'm going to rework some of my code making that error less generic so I can see was is going on in case this happens again.

Thanks for the help!

Time: Wed April 24, 2024 12:49 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003