Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to say how happy I am with your service. I was able to download the API docs last week and I was able to replicate Interactive Brokers historical bar queries and realtime bar queries over the weekend. That was about one of the fastest integrations that I've ever done and it works perfectly!!!!" - Comment from Jason via Email
"This is an excellent value, the system is generous (allowing for 500 stocks) and stable (and really is tick-by-tick), and the support is fantastic." - Comment from Shirin via Email
"Just a thank you for the very helpful and prompt assistance and services. You provided me with noticeably superior service in my setup compared to a couple of other options I had looked at." - Comment from John
"IQFeed version 4 is a real screamer compared to anything else I have seen." - Comment from Tom
"You have an excellent feed. Very few spikes for Spot Forex." - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"I noticed that ******* quotes locked up shortly after the interest rate announcement yesterday while yours stayed stable." - Comment from Ron in Utah
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Generic Code Example _ 30 minute bars
Author Topic: Generic Code Example _ 30 minute bars (2 messages, Page 1 of 1)

aallre
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 05:43 PM          Msg. 1 of 2
Im just getting my feet wet with this API as of yesterday.

Id like to ask if someone has already completed this type of elementary extract.

I would like to retrieve a file of 30 minute bars.

CSV format.
File ordered from oldest to newest bar.
<YYYYMMDD>, <time ( minutes from midnight) >, <High>, <Low>, <Vol (integer)>, <open>, <close>

Or if there are coding examples of any type and where are they located.

Im working my way thorugh the API documentation.
Thank you.
Alan

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Apr 13, 2015 09:35 PM          Msg. 2 of 2
Alan, there isn't anything prebuilt from us at DTN that will accomplish this task. However there is at least one 3rd party app that would probably work for you if that is all you need from the feed (QCollector). There might be others but that is the one that comes to mind based on your question.

On the other hand, if the file writeout is only the starting point from which you want to build further, here is the direction you want to take with the API:

Keep in mind that the API is 100% TCP socket based (even the COM interfaces and ActiveX interfaces we provide are all wrappers around the TCP sockets). As a result, your app sends a request to the socket and then waits for the response. Depending on the request your application makes, the response you get may be a one time chunk of data or it may be a subscription to data where, from that point forward, we send you new data to your socket connection anytime there is new data available from the exchanges until you disconnect or tell us to stop sending.

You are going to want to start with the Launching The Feed documentation and/or example application code. This demonstrates how to get the middleware piece of IQFeed that runs on your machine (serving as a gateway between your application and our servers) up and running and authenticated using your applications ID as well as your datafeed account credentials.

For your specific request above, you are looking for historical data that arrives on the Lookup Port of IQFeed. When launched on your machine, IQFeed opens up several ports on the localhost loopback address and listens for connections. Make sure you are connecting your socket to the correct local port. For historical requests, you will want to look at the Historical via TCPIP (or COM) Documentation and example applications.

Once you've consumed those two pieces of the API into your app, you should be close to having an application that will get the necessary data from the feed. At that point, all that is left is to reformat and store it in whatever storage medium you choose.

If you run into problems, feel free to post back here or email developer support with any questions and we will be happy to respond.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 2:32 AM CFBB v1.2.0 16 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003