Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Boy, probably spent a thousand hours trying to get ******* API to work right. And now two hours to have something running with IQFeed. Hmmm, guess I was pretty stupid to fight rather than switch all this time. And have gotten more customer service from you guys already than total from them… in five years." - Comment from Jim
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I ran your IQFeed DDE vs. my broker vs. a level II window for some slow-moving options. I would see the level II quote change, then your feed update instantaneously. My broker's DDE, however, would take as much as 30 seconds to update. I am not chasing milliseconds, but half a minute is unacceptable." - Comment from Rob
"Interactive Brokers tick data was inconsistent, so I have switched to using DTN exclusively. It is great to no longer have to worry about my datafeed all day long." - Comment from Philippe
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"Thank you so much - awesome feed, awesome service!" - Comment from Greg via Email
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »Data and Content Support »IQFeed DDE/Excel didn't update data for newly created weekly equity options.
Author Topic: IQFeed DDE/Excel didn't update data for newly created weekly equity options. (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 11:17 AM          Msg. 1 of 4
Hi - found a bug I hadn't noticed before, probably cuz it only shows up one day per month(!?!):

* I use the IQFeed DDE interface w/Excel to throw up a pruned back options chain during the market day. (I use the DTNIQ Options Chain window for research after hours).

* This past Thur, 4/10, I noticed that some previously blank Excel lines listing some new weekly opts didn't update/refresh...

* Left DDE connected, but killed the Excel window and restarted it.

* Nogo; the new opts still didn't register/display.

* Brought up DTNIQ Options Chain window and there they were...

* Btw, I also have a DDE/Excel smaller window running that shows some basic watch list stuff. I left that one running the entire time.

More and more stocks are transitioning to adding weeklies, along with smaller strike increments, using a $2.50 increment now instead of the older $5.00 increment. For example, AAPL: 540.00, 542.50, 545.00, 547.50, etc. IBM: 200.00, 202.50, 205.00, 207.50, etc.

* Now, with the normal weeklies, ALL of the strikes show up when a new series is created, which is what I'd expect.

* This bug I encountered was with existing monthly opts(in this case, the April monthlies that will expire this next week). These monthly opts have been around for quite a while, but on Thursday, the $xx2.50/xx7.50 strikes were added, which makes them effectively weekly options, during the final week of the monthly cycle. As mentioned above, DDE/Excel didn't pick up these additional $xx2.50/xx7.50 strikes, while the DTNIQ Options Chain did.

So, is this something you all could make note of and try with the May monthly opts? Since the May monthlies expire on Saturday, 5/17, the weekly $xx2.50/xx7.50 strikes should first be available on Thur, 5/8. You'd need to have a DDE/Excel window up the day before to test, then see what happens the next day on Thur, 5/8 at market open.

I'm running IQFeed 5.1.0.5, which is a beta version you all cobbled together for me last December, to fix a T&S Windows issue I was having.

If there's some way or need to restart the DDE interface, lemme know if there's a way to do this without killing IQFEED and DTNIQ, which I need to have running all day long. These new opts may not show until the market opens, which would get in the way of disturbing the IQFeed/DTNIQ stuff I also have running.

????

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 8, 2014 07:17 AM          Msg. 2 of 4
If I'm figuring correctly, TODAY, 5/8, is the release date for the $xx2.50/xx7.50 strike options for this weekly cycle, involving the opts that expire on Sat., 5/17(the monthlies). So, could you check a few stocks, such as APPL and IBM to see if you encounter the DDE/Excel problem listed above?

You'll need to have an Excel spreadsheet open before the market cranks up, to see what's going on as to why an Excel options chain won't refresh with the newly issued opts.

AMA
-DTN Evangelist-

Posted: May 8, 2014 08:50 AM          Msg. 3 of 4
Hey, pleasant surprise(!) My Excel options chain picked up the new 'weekly' opts on the 5/17 monthly list, so apparently, things are working correctly.

Dunno if'n you all did anything or not, but for now, I'm good...

DTN_LorenF
-DTN Technical Support-

Posted: May 8, 2014 08:56 AM          Msg. 4 of 4
AMA
We did not do anything, it looks like the system did work like it was supposed to.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 3:48 AM CFBB v1.2.0 14 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003