Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I just wanted to tell you what a fine job you have been doing. While *******, from what I hear, has been down and out, off and on, IQ feed has held like a champ this week." - Comment from Shirin
"Everything is working great ! Very impressive client. The news refreshes better and is more pertinent than the ******* feed I paid $ 100/month for. I Also like the charts a lot." - Comment from Leon
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I started a trial a few weeks back before the market went wild. DTN.IQ didn’t miss anything and beat my other provider. I decided to stay with you because of the great service through all the volatility." - Comment from Mike
"My broker in Davenport suggested I give you a try as he uses your service and says its the best." - Comment from Bill via RT Chat
"I'm very glad I switched to IQFeed. It's working perfectly with no lag, even during fast market conditions." - Comment from Andy via Email
"I've been using Neoticker RT with IQFeed for two months, and I'm very happy with both of the products (I've had IQFeed for two years with very few complaints). The service from both companies is exceptional." - Comment from Public Forum
"DTN feed was the only feed that consistently matched Bloomberg feed for BID/ASK data verification work these past years......DTN feed is a must for my supply & demand based trading using Cumulative Delta" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I've been using IQFeed 4 in a multi-threaded situation for the last week or two on 2600 symbols or so with 100 simultaneous daily charts, and I have had 100% responsiveness." - Comment from Scott
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Datafeed Wish List »Matlab
Author Topic: Matlab (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)

adrianjm
-Interested User-

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 07:55 AM          Msg. 1 of 12
Are there any available connectivity tools between IQFeed and Matlab?
Edited by adrianjm on Feb 13, 2012 at 07:55 AM

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Feb 13, 2012 09:24 AM          Msg. 2 of 12
There are't currently any supported tools to connect IQFeed data into Matlab. However, a solution is being looked at and we hope to have something available in the not-so-distant future. Be sure to follow us on Twitter (@DTN_IQFeed) and we will announce with something is ready.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

tim timmy
-Interested User-

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 06:28 AM          Msg. 3 of 12
Yes, please work on this! I haven't been able to find a suitable solution and am doing most of my work in a brute force way. I do a bunch of co-integration and regression work with the econometric toolbox for pairs trading. It would be nice to be able to get IQ feed tick data into the system and easily shift between time frames.

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 08:11 AM          Msg. 4 of 12
Both Matlab and IQFeed recognize the demand for a solution and we appreciate the additional request. As mentioned a couple weeks ago, this is being actively worked on and we hope to be able to announce something soon. I will update this thread as well as post on twitter with updates.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

TCust
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 12:14 AM          Msg. 5 of 12
This very intresting function, all 3-d software for IQFeed not have good stock scanners ( screeners )

Matlab have ESignal datafeed

This not difficult for your programmer's and very good for IQFeed Subscriber's

I want RT and History in Matlab from IQFeed

mvvcorp
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 04:01 AM          Msg. 6 of 12
Wow!
waiting with bated breath

sma202
-Interested User-

Posted: Apr 25, 2012 07:05 PM          Msg. 7 of 12
any eta on this?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

Posted: Apr 26, 2012 08:54 AM          Msg. 8 of 12
There is no ETA available yet, but its coming... As MatLab users likely know, they have releases approximately every quarter.

Jay Froscheiser
Telvent DTN

willpost
-Interested User-

Posted: May 5, 2012 05:24 PM          Msg. 9 of 12
MATLAB does have the commands actxserver, actxcontrol, and registerevent to connect to the COM and ActiveX objects in the developer API. It needs to be called outside a function so it can persist for streaming events.
Edited by willpost on May 7, 2012 at 02:56 AM

jake123
-Interested User-

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 11:53 AM          Msg. 10 of 12
willpost, do u have any code for this? I can't wait anymor. I contacted my account manager at mathworks plus IQfeeds and they keep saying with new release. I'm getting impatient. there are matlab codes around for free (like socket listeners.m files) but they are for IB API

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Sep 25, 2012 03:46 PM          Msg. 11 of 12
This was announced on our twitter feed a few days ago.

MATLAB has released R2012b which includes support for IQFeed in the Datafeed Toolbox.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/datafeed/iqfeed.html

altmany
-Interested User-

IQML - IQFeed-MATLAB connector

Posted: Aug 2, 2018 05:47 AM          Msg. 12 of 12
For anyone using MATLAB, an alternative Matlab connector to IQFeed is available: IQML.

IQML supports IQFeed's entire API, is optimized for run-time performance (speed) and reliability, and comes with extensive documentation. IQML works with the core Matlab; no toolbox is required. It works on all Matlab releases since R2008a, on both Windows and Mac, using IQFeed 5.0 or newer. IQML is actively maintained and supported; feedbacks welcome.

Main features include:
  • support for both blocking or non-blocking (streaming) data queries
  • current market data (quotes and trades) in snapshot (blocking) or streaming modes
  • live (realtime) top-of-book and Level2 market-depth data (snapshot or streaming)
  • historical and intraday market data (individual ticks or interval bars)
  • fundamental info on assets
  • option chains and futures chains lookup
  • news headlines, story-counts and complete news stories, with user-specified filters
  • user-defined Matlab callback functions for IQFeed messages
  • user-defined alerts on streaming market events (news/quotes/interval-bar/regional triggers)
IQML was developed independently as a commercial 3rd-party product; it is not affiliated with MathWorks or DTN.

As a late-comer competing with an existing product, IQML offers advantages in functionality, performance, reliability, documentation, support, and cost-effectiveness. Give it a try and check for yourself.

http://IQML.net
https://UndocumentedMatlab.com/IQML

- Yair
IQML - IQFeed-Matlab connector
https://UndocumentedMatlab.com/IQML

Time: Sat April 20, 2024 3:50 AM CFBB v1.2.0 9 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003