Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"I like you guys better than *******...much more stable and a whole lot fewer issues." - Comment from Philip
"If someone needs the best quality data and backfill beyond what their broker provides at a rate that is the best in the industry, I highly recommend IQFeed." - Comment from Josh via Public Forum
"IQ feed works very well, does not have all of the normal interruptions I have grown used to on *******" - Comment from Mark
"Version 4.0.0.2 has been working well for me and I appreciate that it is now a much tighter client to work with. I feel I can go to press with my own application and rely on a stable platform" - Comment from David in IA.
"I am very happy I changed. I love the product, but more so I am thrilled with Tech Support. You are knowledgeable, polite, pleasant and professional." - Comment from Pat
"You are much better than lawyers or the phone company because you answer the phone when I call! I just love your customer service." - Comment from Isreal
"And by the way, have to say this. I love the IQFeed software. It's rock solid and it has a really nice API." - Comment from Thomas via RT Chat
"IQ feed is brilliant. The support is mind-bending. What service!" - Comment from Public Forum Post
"I was on the phone with a friend who uses CQG and right after the Fed announcement, CQG was as much as 30 seconds behind DTN.IQ. Some quotes were off by as much as 15-18 cents. Your feed never missed a beat." - Comment from Roger
"I was with ******* for 4 years at $230 a month, this is a huge savings for me, GOD BLESS YOU PEOPLE," - Comment from T.S. via Email
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed Developer Support »Downloading historical data without going through the IQconnect interface.
Author Topic: Downloading historical data without going through the IQconnect interface. (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)

gautham
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 9, 2004 04:16 PM          Msg. 1 of 5
I would like to automate downloading historical data.
I do not want to be asked userid and password when I download the data.
I would like to download data after close every day.

Is there a way to automate this?

DTN_Jay_Froscheiser
-VP, Product Operations-

DTN IQFeed/DTN.IQ/DTN NxCore

Posted: Nov 9, 2004 04:21 PM          Msg. 2 of 5
There is no way to directly access the servers for data. You should only have to log in once to IQFeed, then make your requests for the historical data. You can automate the login process within your code though.

Jay Froscheiser
DTN Market Access, LLC.

gautham
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 9, 2004 04:27 PM          Msg. 3 of 5
How do I automate the login process with in my code?
Does it involve com programming?
Can you give me an example?

js2004
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 11:50 AM          Msg. 4 of 5
It should be no problem if you use automatic log in option.

I have been doing it for a long time.

DTN_Glenn_B
-Interested User-

Posted: Dec 6, 2004 01:05 PM          Msg. 5 of 5
What language are you programming in? In order to start IQConnect, you need to be able to call the RegisterClientApp and RemoveClientApp functions in IQ32.dll. If you are using C++, linking the library IQ32.lib and including the IQ32.h header in your project gives you access to the dll. If you are using a language which doesn't utilize .lib files, you need to import the calls into your program. Use the IQ32.h file to see the usage of these functions.
For example, in C#:
[DllImport("IQ32.dll")]
public static extern int RegisterClientApp(IntPtr hClient, string szProductName,
string szProductKey, string szProductVersion);

You need to make sure your .exe is in the same directory as IQConnect.exe so the dll will load properly or add this directory to your path. For the ProductName, be sure to use the name you registered when you set up your account.

After registering your app, all data can be retrieved via TCP ports, the ActiveX control, or the COM interface.

When the IQConnect asks for your login information, you can select "Automatically Connect". This can also be set programatically using the SetAutoLogin and ClearAutoLogin functions.

Glenn Benes

Glenn Benes DTN Market Access, LLC.

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 3:00 PM CFBB v1.2.0 13 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003