Join the 80,000 other DTN customers who enjoy the fastest, most reliable data available. There is no better value than DTN!

(Move your cursor to this area to pause scrolling)

"Thank God for your Data Feed as the only Zippers I see are on my pants (LOL), and no more 200 pip spikes to mess up charts." - Comment from Spiro via Email
"There is no doubt that IQFeed is the best data provider. I am very satisfied with your services. And IQFeed is the only one that I would recommend to my friends. Now, most of them are using your product in China." - Comment from Zhezhe
"I am very pleased with the DTNIQ system for quotes and news." - Comment from Larry
"I am enjoying the feed very much - so superior to the broker provided feed I was previously using." - Comment from George
"Thanks for the great product and support. During this week of high volume trading, my QuoteTracker + IQ Feed setup never missed a beat. Also, thanks for your swiftness in responding to data issues. I was on ******* for a few years before I made the switch over early this year, and wish I had done it a long time ago." - Comment from Ken
"Very impressed with the quality of your feed - ******* is a real donkey in comparison." - Comment from A.C. via Email
"This beats the pants off CQG, I am definitely switching to the ProphetX 3.0!" - Comment from Stephen
"I just wanted to let you know how fast and easy I found it to integrate IQFeed into our existing Java code using your JNI client. In my experience, such things almost never go so smoothly - great job!" - Comment from Nate
"I am a hedge fund manager here. It’s funny, I have a Bloomberg terminal and a Bridge feed, but I still like having my DTN feed!" - Comment from Feras
"For anyone considering using DTN.IQ for a data feed, my experience with the quality of data and the tech support has been very positive." - Comment from Public Forum
Home  Search  Register  Login  Recent Posts

Information on DTN's Industries:
DTN Oil & Gas | DTN Trading | DTN Agriculture | DTN Weather
Follow DTNMarkets on Twitter
DTN.IQ/IQFeed on Twitter
DTN News and Analysis on Twitter
»Forums Index »Archive (2017 and earlier) »IQFeed 3rd Party Software Support »Symbol Syntax in Excel
Author Topic: Symbol Syntax in Excel (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)

T333
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 1, 2006 11:37 AM          Msg. 1 of 6
I would be grateful if someone could help me with the correct syntax to use when using the sample DDE spreadsheet. I wish to be able to receive a quote in one field by referencing the symbol name in another field.

So for example if I have the symbol MERQ in the A1 position of the DDE spreadsheet and wish to receive a quote for this in position B1 for the last traded price I have not been able to get this to work. I know that you would use the syntax

=IQLink|MERQ!last

to get this for just the one symbol but I would like to be able to quickly type in another symbol such as AMGN and not have to type in the whole line above. I have tried using something like
=IQLink|'A1'!last and also =IQLink|&'A1'&!last and also =IQLink|"A1"!last as well as others but I cannot get it to work.

Any advice would be most welcome

Thanks

T333

DTN_Steve_S
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Oct 2, 2006 09:52 AM          Msg. 2 of 6
I am not an "expert" with Excel, but to my knowledge, what you are wanting to do is not possible with Excel/DDE.

As a result, we have provided a sample worksheet In the download for IQFeed that contains a macro which builds the DDE formulas for you without having to enter in each one individually.

T333
-Interested User-

Posted: Oct 2, 2006 12:35 PM          Msg. 3 of 6
Thanks for your reply

T333

optrader
-Interested User-

Posted: Nov 16, 2006 11:03 AM          Msg. 4 of 6
steve,
i'm trying to learn VBA for excel. is there a way i could
see your dde module code thats in your sample worksheet?
ty

DTN_Tim Walter
-DTN Guru-

Posted: Nov 16, 2006 11:21 AM          Msg. 5 of 6
I will send the information you requested to the email you have on your account.

Thanks for the interest.

TLikins
-Interested User-

Howdy

Posted: Nov 16, 2006 06:48 PM          Msg. 6 of 6
please try this VBA code.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
Cells(1, 2).Formula = "=iqlink|" + Cells(1, 1).Value + "!last"
End Sub

Good luck

Thanks for your help!

Time: Fri April 19, 2024 6:05 PM CFBB v1.2.0 15 ms.
© AderSoftware 2002-2003